Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No name badges on the trunk lid ?!?!?!?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

timk225

Mar 24, 2016
Pittsburgh
After reading the Motor Trend article and seeing photos, I realize that the Model 3 does not have Model 3 or 60 / 75 badges on the trunk, like EVERY Model S and X ever made.

HOW is this a good idea? How can Tesla justify this? Those badges are not more than a few bucks apiece at Tesla's cost!

This is unacceptable. It will be a small matter to go to the local Tesla Service Center with a ruler and measure up where the name badges are on a Model S, and finding "Model" and "75" badges on ebay should be no big deal, but finding a "3" that looks like a Tesla 3 might be tricky. That and some clear RTV silicone, and I will put my own Tesla badges on. Once again, doing their work for them, while still paying full price for the car...

Am I griping? Am I a troll? I am simply pointing out the things that I think Tesla is doing wrong, or could do better. Is it my fault that many mistakes have been made on their part?

Remember, Tesla left us in complete silence for nearly a year and a half and didn't tell us anything, we had plenty of time to presume the wrong things, but now we see how much of it was accurate. Now that we have solid information, I can complain about the legitimate problems with the 3.

They should hire me as a design consultant.

The no badges besides the Tesla logo reminds me of the Transporter movies where they took off all the name badges except the BMW and Audi logos, across the 3 movies.

But I want my badges. People should be able to know what car just flew by them at illegal speeds on the local highways.

The no badges besides the Tesla logo reminds me of the Transporter movies where they took off all the name badges except the BMW and Audi logos, across the 3 movies.

But I want my badges. People should be able to know what car just flew by them at illegal speeds on the local highways.
All they need to know is that it's a Tesla, 'nuff said

You can always take one off the Model S if you like. Or you can put on a Porsche logo and really confuse people.

Reactions: gregd

It goes both ways.....now the idiots in V6 Mustangs won't know if they're messing with a $35K barebones or a PXXD-L at a stoplight.

This is unacceptable
It's in line with the overall Model 3 styling. Minimalist. Beautiful. Keeps the rear end design simple and elegant: just the Tesla "T".

You seem very agitated about a very small issue. That is a lot of repetitive punctuation in your thread title.

HAL: I honestly think you ought to calm down; take a stress pill and think things over.