Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No negative views in Model 3 forum?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Chewy3

If MacGvyer had a beard
Apr 30, 2016
San Diego
I've noticed something over the last 6 months or so. We are all here because we have an interest in Teslas (specifically model 3s in this subforum).

A year ago people would complain about production delays, issues with their car during delivery, people buying used Model S to 'jump the line' of non-prior-owners to get a model 3 faster, etc. These were common concerns a lot of people shared and we vented about it together.

Currently, every time I see someone post grievance, complaint, issue, or anything short of worship for Tesla they are berated and told to take their FUD elsewhere. This is not the case in the Model S forum! They have a lot of the same issues as we do, they complain about poor lead times on parts, slow customer service, broken promises, etc. However, they console each other because they are in the same boat - they are not shunned for not drinking the Kool-aide.

I love my Tesla, that's why I'm a part of this community. We can discuss all the great things - and sometimes the not so great things. Sometimes people need to vent. Don't punish them for doing it here - otherwise, they will turn to broader audiences that don't understand everything about Tesla and WILL sway potential buyers.

Below is the Model S forum. They console & help each other when they have an issue. Here in the 3 section users are bombarded with 'disagrees' and 'FUDster' comments if they mention an issue. We love these cars, the good with the bad!
Untitled.jpg

I've noticed something over the last 6 months or so. We are all here because we have an interest in Teslas (specifically model 3s in this subforum).

A year ago people would complain about production delays, issues with their car during delivery, people buying used Model S to 'jump the line' of non-prior-owners to get a model 3 faster, etc. These were common concerns a lot of people shared and we vented about it together.

Currently, every time I see someone post grievance, complaint, issue, or anything short of worship for Tesla they are berated and told to take their FUD elsewhere. This is not the case in the Model S forum! They have a lot of the same issues as we do, they complain about poor lead times on parts, slow customer service, broken promises, etc. However, they console each other because they are in the same boat - they are not shunned for not drinking the Kool-aide.

I love my Tesla, that's why I'm a part of this community. We can discuss all the great things - and sometimes the not so great things. Sometimes people need to vent. Don't punish them for doing it here - otherwise, they will turn to broader audiences that don't understand everything about Tesla and WILL sway potential buyers.

Below is the Model S forum. They console & help each other when they have an issue. Here in the 3 section users are bombarded with 'disagrees' and 'FUDster' comments if they mention an issue. We love these cars, the good with the bad!
View attachment 414389
Look deep enough and you'll find some !
Paint issues, ELDA etc...:)

That is perhaps the most frustrating part of this forum IMHO.

They seem to be a lot of people with an emotional connection to the company intent on defending Tesla like they would their daughter's honor. Somebody shares an article that has any criticism of Tesla or the Model 3, and legions of forum members post up railing against the "hit piece" by Tesla haters. Because, obviously, anything negative about the model three or Tesla MUST come from somebody who wants the company to fail.

I've always enjoyed open-minded dialogue, and while this forum isn't the worst, it's certainly not the best I've been part of. Absolutely fantastic amount of technical information here, though, which is what keeps me coming back.

View attachment 414389
There are negative posts, but it's minor compared to the positive posts. My estimate would be 90% +, 10% -.
There are also some very helpful people, but there are also die hard fanboys that can't see anything negative with Tesla. Die Hard fanboys' reactions have been consistent - If you don't like the car, maybe you shouldn't own one or even be part of the community.

I agree that discussion needs to be open minded, how can we convince more people to buy the car and to help accelerate the wider adaption of electric vehicle if we keep berating unconvinced potential buyers?

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
And how many Model S are being sold for every Model 3?

As someone who tends to read all of the forums, I really don't find much difference in any of them. It's the sheer number of new users who join the same day that they post a complain (and probably never read the responses) that's a problem on any forum.

I'm pretty sure if you search for the same subject as your demonstrated thread in the Model 3 forum, you'll see a pretty similar thread.

• Love
Reactions: outdoors
I think there are a fair number of negative views in the ordering and delivery section, but there are a lot of “counter” posts to the effect of “it’s all worth it in the end” or “TSLA is still a young company”, etc.

Interesting to observe, for sure.

I wonder if it has to do with length of ownership. The S has been out since 2012, so a lot of folks in the S forums have had their cars multiple years and have experienced the good and the bad with Tesla. Also a few of the “Tesla can do no wrong” die hards on the S forum eventually got burned by Tesla customer service at one point or another, so there were fewer and fewer who hadn’t had a negative experience. I see a lot more “love the car, hate the company” from those folks.

But yeah, I have been accused of being a drama queen on the 3 forums for complaining about the terrible service center experiences I have had, and also accused of “just spreading negativity” for expressing concerns about the future reliability of a Model 3 part after having seen people report failures, etc.

Maybe it will get more balanced over time the longer people have the cars.

View attachment 414389

I think the number of people that leave this forum finding the contributions so negative that they go and tell people how much Tesla owners are fill in blank is miniscule. Compared to the number of people that are genuinely helped, felt part of, taught something, and learned something.

If everyone shares an issue or a thought we all learn. If everyone jumps on the sharer. Then no one shares.:( A thought I like to remember.

I am sorry but the slight variations in panel gaps or intrusive LDA doesn't bother me at all. The overall enjoyment of the car outweighs all the little flaws. I cannot pretend to agree that those things should be staked and condemned.
But if Tesla goes bankrupt, I will mourn with you all.

As others have said, plenty of folks on one side of the line or another - no doubt I've been really outspoken on 'mandatory' software updates but at the same time, the car performs great, rides great, is fast..

Nothing is perfect but I think the balance is in the pro column..