Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Notifications on iPhone Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else noticing that they are no longer receiving any notifications (charge start, charge stop, software updates) on their iPhone through the Tesla app? I’ve double checked that the notifications are turned on in the App, turned on through iPhone notification settings, and have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling without any luck.
Yup me to. 2018 Model 3 performance. Haven’t had notifications for couple months! Had a Tesla Mobil service guy and he didn’t have a clue! Upsetting!

Check out this thread:

iPhone notifications stopped working

... particularly the posts on the last page.

A guy managed to get hold of a “level 2” Tesla tech who confirmed that his car was stuck in some kind of transient service mode from a previous appointment. This state meant that no notifications from his car were being sent by Tesla servers.

His phone app gave no indication that this was the state of the car (i.e. it didn’t say “in service” like it does when it’s actually at a SC)

I’m having the same problems (no notifications since recently, despite several software changes and complete reinstallation of the app & reset notification settings - which have always been the same). I have also had a few mobile and service centre appointments in the last couple of months, two of which were cancelled due to parts availability. I’m convinced my car is stuck in this “pseudo service mode” limbo as well.

My Model 3 notifications stopped a couple of weeks ago.
I traded for a Model Y on Saturday. Didn't change anything in the App, just connected to the new vehicle.
Notifications are now working again.
The model Y is at a lower software version 32.4. Related? I guess I'll see when it gets an update.

I have elevated my complaint by contacting them via the help chat daily and they are apparently looking into it. I have been told this Friday they should be able to have an answer. I mentioned the stuck in service mode on the server side but they didn’t seem to think that was it. At least they are now trying to fix it after I got the usual “ haven’t seen any reports of this issue” and “ it’s just a glitch, next update should fix it” multiple times.

My notifications just started working this afternoon and the app wakes the car up the same as before. I also had a service appointment that was for August 20 sitting in my "upcoming services" forever and it just got moved to completed today as well, maybe related. Fallout shelter game still doesnt work though.

Check out this thread:

iPhone notifications stopped working

... particularly the posts on the last page.

A guy managed to get hold of a “level 2” Tesla tech who confirmed that his car was stuck in some kind of transient service mode from a previous appointment. This state meant that no notifications from his car were being sent by Tesla servers.

His phone app gave no indication that this was the state of the car (i.e. it didn’t say “in service” like it does when it’s actually at a SC)

I’m having the same problems (no notifications since recently, despite several software changes and complete reinstallation of the app & reset notification settings - which have always been the same). I have also had a few mobile and service centre appointments in the last couple of months, two of which were cancelled due to parts availability. I’m convinced my car is stuck in this “pseudo service mode” limbo as well.

Thank you for this! Problem solved. I reached out to Tesla Service through a text string because I recently had work done via mobile service. I basically mentioned after doing some research online, it seems notifications may have been turned off from a prior mobile service. It looks like there is a service mode where notifications are disabled but it is not reflected in the usual manner via the Tesla App.

Reactions: Durzel
Like others have mentioned, the sudden stop of all notifications was related to an “open” service appointment. The service was actually completed months ago but apparently it wasn’t closed in Tesla’s system. Once the service appointment was closed a few days ago, all of the mobile app notifications began again.