Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Notifications on iPhone Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else noticing that they are no longer receiving any notifications (charge start, charge stop, software updates) on their iPhone through the Tesla app? I’ve double checked that the notifications are turned on in the App, turned on through iPhone notification settings, and have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling without any luck.

What kind of notifications do have under the Tesla App? It should look like the following.
A2D8499F-8E78-43E2-AF00-0D2C08ADFF87.png

Double checked all of the above. Seems my wife also does not receive these same notifications although she is logged onto the same Tesla account on her android. Just reset the car and hopefully that works overnight. Doesn’t seem like anyone else is having this issue..

Re installing the app hasnt helped. I also notice with my phone the car wont wake up when I first open the app. I have to open it, wait a few seconds, force it closed then open it again and the car is then awake. Otherwise it just spins on the "waking up" screen forever.

Notifications have worked properly since I purchased the car in 2016. However, for the past several weeks they no longer work on my iPhone 11 with IOS 13.6.1 and the current version of the Tesla IOS app 3.10.8. I no longer get notifications at all from the Tesla app. I checked to make sure all of the app settings are correct as well as logging out and back into the app. Has Tesla acknowledged a problem with notifications in the past month?

Notifications have worked properly since I purchased the car in 2016. However, for the past several weeks they no longer work on my iPhone 11 with IOS 13.6.1 and the current version of the Tesla IOS app 3.10.8. I no longer get notifications at all from the Tesla app. I checked to make sure all of the app settings are correct as well as logging out and back into the app. Has Tesla acknowledged a problem with notifications in the past month?

I’m exactly in the same boat... I’ve had my PUP MY since late March and never had issues with the Tesla app notifications until this past month or so. I’m also on iOS 13.6.1 and Tesla app 3.10.8. I assumed the issue was with my phone, but my wife’s android also stopped receiving notifications so it seems the car is failing to push data to trigger the app notifications...

I see that Tesla added a notification setting that is made inside the car with update 2020.32.3. This is the first notification setting I have seen that is outside of the Tesla mobile app. The setting allows notifications to be pushed when doors or windows are left open. I think when this FW version was installed in my Model S is when all of my notifications stopped working.

I have been running into the same issues on my Android and iOS devices. I have tried resetting the apps and even my Tesla password to clear our any API connection, but I am still not receiving notifications. I am also wondering if the issue coincides with the addition of the open windows/door options added.

A week ago I contacted Tesla about this problem but have not yet heard back. When I reported the problem they wanted to see screenshots of my Tesla app settings as well as the IOS notification settings. I know that those settings are correct because I did receive notifications up until about 3 weeks ago when all notifications ceased. I also installed the 2020.36.3.1 update on my car in hopes that it might fix the problem. Nope.

Out of curiosity, those of you who have notification issues:
1. Does it seem to take a really long time to wake your car up with the app as opposed to before? Could be my imagination but before it would take maybe 10-15 seconds at worst. Now if the car is asleep I normally have to open the app, let it sit for a minute, force the app closed then open it again. Its way faster to just use my siri shortcuts to interface with the car.
2. Is the game Fallout Shelter stuck in "Waiting to update" and cant be played. My issues started a week after I tried the game.
3. Do you have any other tesla related API interfaces on your phone? For example, I made some Siri shortcuts to open and close my trunk as well as turn on the heater/defroster/AC/seat heaters. One of the shortcuts includes getting an access token. Not sure if that is somehow confusing things. I have no other apps like teslafi or whatever.

Either way, deleting my app and starting over didnt help at all. THe service guy was out last week for some other stuff and looked at my settings (which were all right), told me to delete the app (already done) and told me I have done everything already, just wait for an update. I just installed 2020.32.3 the day before he came and that didnt help and whatever update I installed before that didnt help either. I wasnt paying too close to the start date but I would say it was about 3 weeks ago that it died. I think update was something like 2020.28 or so.

1. Does it seem to take a really long time to wake your car up with the app as opposed to before? Could be my imagination but before it would take maybe 10-15 seconds at worst. Now if the car is asleep I normally have to open the app, let it sit for a minute, force the app closed then open it again. Its way faster to just use my siri shortcuts to interface with the car.
2. Is the game Fallout Shelter stuck in "Waiting to update" and cant be played. My issues started a week after I tried the game.
3. Do you have any other tesla related API interfaces on your phone? For example, I made some Siri shortcuts to open and close my trunk as well as turn on the heater/defroster/AC/seat heaters. One of the shortcuts includes getting an access token. Not sure if that is somehow confusing things. I have no other apps like teslafi or whatever.

Either way, deleting my app and starting over didnt help at all. THe service guy was out last week for some other stuff and looked at my settings (which were all right), told me to delete the app (already done) and told me I have done everything already, just wait for an update. I just installed 2020.32.3 the day before he came and that didnt help and whatever update I installed before that didnt help either. I wasnt paying too close to the start date but I would say it was about 3 weeks ago that it died. I think update was something like 2020.28 or so.
Answering from a Model 3 perspective as Model Y hasn't arrived yet.
1. YES.
2. Never played a game.
3. No.

Yes to all three points. For #3, I tried to disconnect any API’s from third party apps by changing my password and it did not resolve the issue either.