Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Park Assist in 2018 M3 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in a 2018 M3 and got the update but no vision park assist. Presume I have USS based on that - I've also read about something to do with the display type influencing when you get the feature?? ... Anyone know when we 2018 M3 folks should expect to receive this feature if ever? Honestly, with no "boombox on the vehicle," other than the blind spot detection, about all I got was my FSD strikes moved back up to 5. :rolleyes:

I'm in a 2018 M3 and got the update but no vision park assist. Presume I have USS based on that - I've also read about something to do with the display type influencing when you get the feature?? ... Anyone know when we 2018 M3 folks should expect to receive this feature if ever? Honestly, with no "boombox on the vehicle," other than the blind spot detection, about all I got was my FSD strikes moved back up to 5. :rolleyes:
My blind spot detection does not seem to turn red, has yours worked? 2018 Model3 here. 2023.44.30.5.1. Does it only turn red on the highway?

Yes I've seen it activate once already (only been on this build for a couple days). It was in city driving. Crazy traffic right now and while I noticed it, I didn't even have time to validate where the car was specifically lol. Useful if it works, although I've got full FSD with the visualizations, and my take on "is it safe?" is that the nav image with an immediate red glow of a vehicle is superior/safer than the camera image itself. The reason is that the nav screen is an instant go/no go. With the visual camera, it's a half second to activate, then a half second for me to see it, interpret the image and make a go/no go decision - and sometimes that's just too long. I will say the nav screen method seems a bit wonky, doesn't seem 100% reliable unless I'm on the highway with FSD engaged so haven't committed to it and turned off the blinker camera. Camera most useful to me when needing to cross multiple lanes of traffic particularly on highway. I would love a swipe or stalk control that engaged the side cameras. That combined with the nav screen functionality would be the "sweet spot" for me.

Reactions: ALSETJC
Yes I've seen it activate once already (only been on this build for a couple days). It was in city driving. Crazy traffic right now and while I noticed it, I didn't even have time to validate where the car was specifically lol. Useful if it works, although I've got full FSD with the visualizations, and my take on "is it safe?" is that the nav image with an immediate red glow of a vehicle is superior/safer than the camera image itself. The reason is that the nav screen is an instant go/no go. With the visual camera, it's a half second to activate, then a half second for me to see it, interpret the image and make a go/no go decision - and sometimes that's just too long. I will say the nav screen method seems a bit wonky, doesn't seem 100% reliable unless I'm on the highway with FSD engaged so haven't committed to it and turned off the blinker camera. Camera most useful to me when needing to cross multiple lanes of traffic particularly on highway. I would love a swipe or stalk control that engaged the side cameras. That combined with the nav screen functionality would be the "sweet spot" for me.
I haven't seen the red yet , but I agree instant is always better and a combo would be best. Bummer about the visualization but I guess having USS is still the best so again not a big loss there.