Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No rear heated seats? [Incorrect: heated seats confirmed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
15231954633846076374908996937656.jpg
**Confirmed** Model 3 DOES HAVE REAR HEATED SEATS. After OTA update yesterday, heated rear seats became operational.

Last edited:
Reactions: S'toon
Hey Everyone,

So there seems to be confusion over whether or not the Model 3 truly has rear heated seats.

The modding/ tuning company "T-Sportline", posted that the model 3 does NOT actually have the hardware for the rear seats. They would have found this out because they reupholstered the seats.

My question to this community is, does anyone have actual proof that the model 3 does in fact have/ not have the hardware for the heated rear seats?

Please no anecdotal stuff... unless i have missed to 100% determination... do we actually have any proof of yes or no?

Thanks!
Hey Everyone,

So there seems to be confusion over whether or not the Model 3 truly has rear heated seats.

The modding/ tuning company "T-Sportline", posted that the model 3 does NOT actually have the hardware for the rear seats. They would have found this out because they reupholstered the seats.

My question to this community is, does anyone have actual proof that the model 3 does in fact have/ not have the hardware for the heated rear seats?

Please no anecdotal stuff... unless i have missed to 100% determination... do we actually have any proof of yes or no?

Thanks!

Hey Everyone,

Thanks!
Finally confirmed proof .OTA update yesterday made rear heated seats operational and toasty!

Well you can't say that and then not explain.

And please don't say anything about passengers using the Tesla app.

Well, they could use the Tesla app - give them special "passenger" codes. Or just put a small iPad or Android tablet keyed to each seat. Or they could have added touch screens into the backs of the front seats. If they did it as part of the seats, then it could be tied to the car's Slacker account and each passenger could have their own music (assuming a headphone jack or wireless headset tied via Bluetooth). Added bonus of having an iPad/Android tablet is that with their own headset, they can play with other apps too. Or of course, just "bring your own" - which would be the Tesla app.

Strange that there is absolutely no mention of a heated steering wheel. In a $50,000USD vehicle... I feel like that should have been standard (like in every EV i've ever test driven).

I hope this gets added very soon. Canadian winters are f'n cold!

I am from Toronto, Canada, so Winter here is serious ;) also I am new in this Tesla forum and interested in Model 3.
Can you please let me know if the standard and basic model of 3 comes with front heater seat? I have no concern about the rear heated seats, just wanted to know if front seats are heated seats or not in basic model 3.

Really appreciate your help.

I am from Toronto, Canada, so Winter here is serious ;) also I am new in this Tesla forum and interested in Model 3.
Can you please let me know if the standard and basic model of 3 comes with front heater seat? I have no concern about the rear heated seats, just wanted to know if front seats are heated seats or not in basic model 3.

Really appreciate your help.

One of the premium upgrades is "Premium heated seating and cabin materials throughout, including open pore wood décor and two rear USBs." The statement is ambiguous to what is upgraded from the standard interior. As Tesla has not unveiled a standard interior 3 yet, any information on the standard trim is just speculation.