Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No SiriusXM sucks in a 100k car…. Really?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No SiriusXM sucks in a 100k car…. Really?
Well…it supposed to be there per the Monroney sticker. Along with ANC, 200mph top speed, a tilting screen, and a bunch of other things that they will never deliver on.

A classic case of Tesla over promising and under delivering. Just like with their range estimates.

As an aside, my 2020 S SiriusXM has been working fine until one of the recent software updates. It disappeared all together. After several reboots and days of patience, it seem to have stabilized again. Welcome to Tesla!

How hard can it be to deliver with SiriusXM on? Have never heard of any manufacturer doing what Tesla does and then getting away with it. If Window sticker says it is on the car, then it should be. Surprised not lawsuits.

How hard can it be to deliver with SiriusXM on? Have never heard of any manufacturer doing what Tesla does and then getting away with it. If Window sticker says it is on the car, then it should be. Surprised not lawsuits.

Because the majority of Tesla's fan base, like Apple folks, are essentially wearing blinders, touting that papa elon can do no wrong. They'll do mental gymnastics to find ways to validate Tesla's shortcomings, no matter what they are.

In reality, they're a software company that puts wheels on their software. And they're extremely un-focused. They haven't delivered a vehicle they promised back in 2017, and they're saying they're going to build a robot human? c'mon guys.

Because the majority of Tesla's fan base, like Apple folks, are essentially wearing blinders, touting that papa elon can do no wrong. They'll do mental gymnastics to find ways to validate Tesla's shortcomings, no matter what they are.

In reality, they're a software company that puts wheels on their software. And they're extremely un-focused. They haven't delivered a vehicle they promised back in 2017, and they're saying they're going to build a robot human? c'mon guys.
Look at the release-day software stack in the Mach-E or ID.4 if you need reassurance that Tesla is not alone in this relatively new to the automakers phenomenon of “ship first fix later”.

It’s the new way.

Also, are we really still at the point where the ability to stream ~32 kilobit barely listenable music from an old satellite is an indicator of luxury/quality?

Why doesn’t this $100k car have a cassette deck!?!?!
If Tesla can provide good streaming services integrated into the car that provide quality music, I'm all for it. My Tesla has trouble connecting to 4G at my house with 1 bar of signal strength from AT&T in the capital city of Kentucky, much less so in rural areas of my state and across the US. SiriusXM is very dependable, and provides listenable sound for music, sports, and news -- even in the mountains. I will not dangerously fiddle with my smartphone interface while driving trying to get music I want. The customer base for Tesla is not entirely in California. Other priorities exist in other states of the US.

The customer base for Tesla is not entirely in California. Other priorities exist in other states of the US.
I have no idea what my comment or your response to it has to do with "California." I live in a very rural and mountainous area of the state, and AT&T sucks everywhere, not just Kentucky. ;)

I get that some people like it. I find it antiquated and barely audible. My point is more around this being an expectation and measure of quality or luxury in a "$100k car" like OP suggests. Furthermore, it seems obvious/confirmed that support is indeed coming whenever they finish the software. It's a weird gripe.

• Disagree
Reactions: doomsday997
I have no idea what my comment or your response to it has to do with "California." I live in a very rural and mountainous area of the state, and AT&T sucks everywhere, not just Kentucky. ;)
I didn't mean to blame you for living in California. :) It is just that services and roads are different here, and I believe Tesla prioritizes their features, including FSD, for California. Yes, AT&T sucks everywhere. Verizon is very much more reliable here, and where I go. Also, since I have a lifetime subscription to SiriusXM, I would really miss not having it in a car I own. I think the audio quality is better if I stream SiriusXM from my phone, but why bother? Unlike some, I don't expect excellent audio and video from my car. I get that at home.

Oh i know, it's super frustrating. It feels like over the air updates really brought on this mentality (for a bunch of manufacturers).
It's new to cars, but old hat for software companies. Microsoft is an easy target, but it is now pretty much the defacto standard for AAA games to ship riddled with bugs or lacking promised content. Sometimes it gets delivered/fixed (The Division) and sometimes not (Anthem). The losers are the eager consumers who preorder, and the programmers for being crunched for months AFTER the game ships.

Now whenever I see a manufacturer say they are enabling their car for OTA updates I roll my eyes because I know what it really means. I won't even get into all the nasty things they can do to the car after you buy it...

I feel like they will make a robot that will be fast as the plaid and it will kill us all

2021.32.10 just came out, may fix your problems... i dunno

Attachments

• IMG_1080.jpeg
    IMG_1080.jpeg
    678.7 KB · Views: 46
2021.32.10 just came out, may fix your problems... i dunno
this sort of annoys me, as I'm still on 2021.11.102, and have "Advanced" picked... my car has no trouble uploading the world to some AWS server for analysis. I imagine this is due to being invited to join the Early Access Program years ago, in which you agree to have any data Tesla wants uploaded to them. Which is great and all, because then the roads I drive on most often may become what is used to train the NNs, and result in a better experience for me... but haven't gotten to test any new firmware to test since Smart Summon first came out, and I'm not even getting the general public ones!

1631217595441.png

this sort of annoys me, as I'm still on 2021.11.102, and have "Advanced" picked... my car has no trouble uploading the world to some AWS server for analysis. I imagine this is due to being invited to join the Early Access Program years ago, in which you agree to have any data Tesla wants uploaded to them. Which is great and all, because then the roads I drive on most often may become what is used to train the NNs, and result in a better experience for me... but haven't gotten to test any new firmware to test since Smart Summon first came out, and I'm not even getting the general public ones!

View attachment 707195
Sorry wrong thread, haha. That's what happens when you try to do work and TMC at the same time lol

• Love
Reactions: Darmie