Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No sound?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MX with latest SW, keep losing sound - not even turn signals.

I’ve had to steering wheel reset it several times this week.

Weird thing is that yesterday I lost sounds, got to grocery store, went back into the car and sound was back. Did not do a reset.

Any ideas??

Is there a way to restore sound without a reset?

I get this often. Almost every day lately. It started happening after the latest update. Starts off w/ no music, but when I have no turn signal sounds, I know it's time to reboot. Scroll reset takes care of it, but it's annoying that you have to do it.

Does the scroll (steering wheel) reset the instrument panel for you as well?

I dont mind losing the center screen for a few minutes while driving but driving without the instrument panel screen even for a few seconds is really weird....

This happens to my X occasionally -- also MCU2. No sound at all, no turn signals, etc. I thought it might have gone away when we got the V9 update but I've hit it once or twice since then as well. I was going to mention it to the service center when I took it in for an unrelated issue but it definitely feels like a software bug the service center wouldn't be in a position to do much about. Reboot always fixes it.