Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No storm watch events this year...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9:40pm and storm watch just activated for me here in the east bay for a high wind event. This storm has been howling all day and now they finally decide to flip on storm watch. Winds are supposed to keep going down overnight, so they definitely missed the boat on this one.

9:40pm and storm watch just activated for me here in the east bay for a high wind event. This storm has been howling all day and now they finally decide to flip on storm watch. Winds are supposed to keep going down overnight, so they definitely missed the boat on this one.
Also activated for me. According to the status in starts at 9:00 pm, the same time I made my post above. The notification however was from 34 minutes ago, which is in line with the 9:40 that others reported.

Maybe someone from Tesla read the posts and figured out they had forgotten to press a button ;-)

• Funny
Reactions: BGbreeder and lodar
  • Helpful
Reactions: bmah
we lucked out. Lost power for 2 hours, but rest of my street is still down. I'm still getting the PG&E alerts and they are saying estimated time to get it back is 2pm tomorrow. That would be a 48 hour outage. When power was out for me, the PWs estimated I had 24 hour supply which woulld have got me to at least 3pm today. I think the sun was out for abit after power came back up so likely I would have more than 24 hours. Knowing the power would be off longer, I could cut back some things, but with hardly any ssun today not sure how long I could have made it

PGE just updated the date for restore. It is now 2/8 at 10pm. That's over 4 days. Glad I am just outside the outage. My neighbors starting 2 lots down all the way to the other end of the street are without power. I think only 1 has a generator

A friend of mine and I didn't get a storm watch this weekend or the past rain event. We both are located on the SF Bay Peninsula and had power outages today.

Same here in South San Jose: no storm watch, power went out at 6:45PM with our powerwall at 30%(our minimum). Even if we had set the reserve at 100% 4
days ago, we didn’t net much solar power due to the rain & clouds.

Reactions: lodar
Haha. My Storm Watch didn't activate until the power had already gone out. When I noticed it was charging from the grid during Part-Peak hours, I opted out of the event because I was still at a pretty high state of charge - more than enough to make it through most of the next day if the power went out again.

Third Storm Watch here in the last week, all for flood. Currently in one right now.

Attachments

• IMG_7725.png
    IMG_7725.png
    682 KB · Views: 26
For PG&E members in NorCal, is the separate option to charge from the grid available?

It was for me, I'm down in LA under LADWP. I just set it ON on Sunday morning and moved reserve to 100% and it slowly brought it up from 60%. It even tapered the charge rate as it approached 100%. The rain was just starting at that time and was raining sideways by the time it finished in the early afternoon.