Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Tesla love in Bakersfield??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to route my obligatory journey from San Diego to Bakersfield to visit family. Can someone explain to me why there are no Tesla superchargers within Bakersfield proper or anywhere near the 99 between Tejon Ranch and almost Fresno??

I went through that same section last August and it was a bear. The one south of town was in a gravel lot beside a yet-to-be finished convenience store of some sort. It did have some very nice porta-potties, though. Hopefully, it's all up and running now.

I have no explanation for why there is not better coverage, especially for a city that is now at 700,000 in the metro area,. Maybe Elon wasn't a Merle Haggard fan.

A logical place would be near the Costco at the Rosedale Highway exit at Highway 99.

I went through that same section last August and it was a bear. The one south of town was in a gravel lot beside a yet-to-be finished convenience store of some sort. It did have some very nice porta-potties, though. Hopefully, it's all up and running now.

I have no explanation for why there is not better coverage, especially for a city that is now at 700,000 in the metro area,. Maybe Elon wasn't a Merle Haggard fan.

A logical place would be near the Costco at the Rosedale Highway exit at Highway 99.
someone needs to introduce Elon to Buck Owens! Or maybe the Bakersfield oil barons are keeping the superchargers out? Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: Carolina Karl
Surprised Bakersfield doesn’t have one yet since they do have a Tesla store/service center. Looks like there should be one coming to Bakersfield and Visalia later this year.

The Hwy 99 corridor is just not as well travelled as I5 so it probably wasn’t a high priority for them before. Combined with likely low local ownership of Teslas in the small towns between Bakersfield and Fresno.

Attachments

• IMG_3219.png
    IMG_3219.png
    387 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_3220.png
    IMG_3220.png
    386.7 KB · Views: 60
Trying to route my obligatory journey from San Diego to Bakersfield to visit family. Can someone explain to me why there are no Tesla superchargers within Bakersfield proper or anywhere near the 99 between Tejon Ranch and almost Fresno??

It's a mystery. But as others have mentioned above, Tesla very recently pulled a permit for a Supercharger site. So hopefully it will come soon.

If your car is CCS enabled, and you have the CCS adapter, there are a few CCS sites in Bakersfield proper. Bunch of slow speed J1772 locations around as well. Use plugshare to find them.

• Informative
Reactions: Carolina Karl