Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Teslas at SF Auto Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to the Seattle show yesterday. They had 2 S and 2 X, about 6 employees, and like at the galleries a large display on video loop, and 3 or 4 computers where people could access the web site for information. Nothing new.

It was nice to see them in a spacious booth with plenty of staff. The years they have attended before (some years they have not), it has often been a tiny booth with one car and just 1 or 2 people to answer questions. In 2010, they didn't even have a booth - the Seattle manager and I parked 2 Roadsters outside the front door, and stood in the cold answering questions.

I think the decision to attend events is largely determined locally, rather than by corporate. It varies depending on staffing, other events, etc. Corporate does occasionally issue guidelines; like, say, to make sure to focus on S and X rather than the 3.

• Informative
Reactions: whitex
Yeah, the auto dealers cartel certainly isn't happy about competition from Tesla. There was a post here a few years ago, I forgot what city this happened in, but some local Tesla owners decided to display their cars in the parking garage of the venue where the auto show was happening. The show called the police and had them thrown out.

I seem to recall that the show called the police but because the Tesla owners weren't breaking laws (the garage was on public property), the police left without doing anything.