Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Teslas at SF Auto Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it like the Minneapolis Auto Show, it is put on by the state’s Auto Dealers Association.
Since Tesla doesn’t use Dealers, Tesla isn’t welcome at the Dealer’s party :|
Yeah, the auto dealers cartel certainly isn't happy about competition from Tesla. There was a post here a few years ago, I forgot what city this happened in, but some local Tesla owners decided to display their cars in the parking garage of the venue where the auto show was happening. The show called the police and had them thrown out.

If it like the Minneapolis Auto Show, it is put on by the state’s Auto Dealers Association.
Since Tesla doesn’t use Dealers, Tesla isn’t welcome at the Dealer’s party :|

Similar situation here in Utah. The Utah New Car Dealers Assn (I'm tempted to leave off the "n" :) ) will not allow Tesla to display at their shows.

Another company that makes cars here in Utah was allowed in to a recent show but when it was discovered they sell direct without dealers their display was literally walled off and no one allowed in.

A local TV station did a story on the display being blocked. The story was also on their website but only until someone from the New Cars outfit visited and the piece "mysteriously" disappeared.

Similar situation here in Utah. The Utah New Car Dealers Assn (I'm tempted to leave off the "n" :) ) will not allow Tesla to display at their shows.
I'm a Tesla fan but what is wrong about an organization putting together a show and excluding non-members from exhibiting? Private association, privately organized and funded event, organizer's rules. Should Tesla allow Ford, GM and others to exhibit at their reveal events?

I'm a Tesla fan but what is wrong about an organization putting together a show and excluding non-members from exhibiting? Private association, privately organized and funded event, organizer's rules. Should Tesla allow Ford, GM and others to exhibit at their reveal events?

Personally I'd have no problem with that. But I doubt they'd want to be there as folks could then more readily see what ICE makers are foisting on a mostly unsuspecting public.

I'm thinking people going to the unveil wouldn't mind checking out the Porsche Mission-E, Faraday Future FF91, etc. Maybe not everyone, but a fair number probably would.

There is a local (Salt Lake) show that is held once a year in which all EVs are welcome, including Tesla. Also electric bikes and motorcycles and displays on solar. Always well attended and a fun experience. I'm sure the good Mr. Musk approves as his stated goal is to advance sustainable transportation regardless of the manufacturer.