Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No VINs in October?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checking in for the first time and living in Nova Scotia. I ordered my Model 3 LR AWD on September 20 and got a VIN via the source code page yesterday. Model year 2020 and last 6 digits are 522535.

Nice, woohoo! I am still waiting for a VIN in Vancouver on a September 14 order of SR+ white/black with Sport Rim upgrade, maybe I'm close! Still shows 2-4 weeks from order date even though it's been 5+ weeks...

Ordered M3 AWD on Oct 18. Website was (and still) showing 6-10 weeks for delivery. SA anticipates late Nov or early Dec delivery. Also instructed me to wait to submit lease for approval until a VIN is assigned, as the approval is only good for 30 days.

Pretty solid evidence that Dec is a real possibility, if not a certainty.

Nice, woohoo! I am still waiting for a VIN in Vancouver on a September 14 order of SR+ white/black with Sport Rim upgrade, maybe I'm close! Still shows 2-4 weeks from order date even though it's been 5+ weeks...

Long time reader, first time poster.
Also in Vancouver and waiting the long wait..

Sept 9th order
SR+
White/white
19” sport
AP (no FSD)

No VIN yet at 6+ weeks. Have been told my config is “uncommon” by a couple people at Tesla but taking it with a grain of salt.

Seems like LR AWD’s for North America are coming off the production line this week based on VIN assignments. Hopefully that means SR+’s for US/Canada are coming shortly afterwards. I imagine P3D’s will follow SR+’s based on the longer est leadtimes...

Are they just expecting that to happen - or do they know that will happen? There is a big difference. It's weird. Why is the Website sometimes "2-3 weeks" or "two weeks"? Tesla changed it from 2 weeks to 2-3 weeks. Why not tell the truth and say 6-8 weeks?

I am really confused. And they make 5000 Model 3's a week. Why divert ALL of them to Europe? They just turn off their US customers. Not everyone is as Tesla - centric as people posting here.

Tesla has to look reliable and predictable. If not, people will worry we are buying DeLorean's in 2019-2020.
They must have to switch the production to "European" mode, let the resources run out then before they swap in the "North American" components. Anyone one out there know what the changes would be except the steering wheel on the other side?

They must have to switch the production to "European" mode, let the resources run out then before they swap in the "North American" components. Anyone one out there know what the changes would be except the steering wheel on the other side?

Most of Europe drives same side of the road as North America.
Telsa's are really popular in the Scandinavian countries and all of them are same side as US (their governments and population are very environmentally friendly there and have really high taxes, EV cars get big tax rebates and other benefits)
Might only be software differences, as I am not sure why anything would have to be changed.