Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No VINs in October?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered October 8th, SR+ solid black and still no VIN. Just got an email from my Tesla Rep and he said deliveries won't be coming until late November/early December.
I ordered mine Oct 1st, if Nov Dec is the case, there goes my approved bank loan. Looks like I'll have to reapply again. If they say within 2-weeks & we don't get it within 2-weeks, Tesla should comp us with something like free supercharging.

My two week estimate is still there as well. I ordered on October 8.

I asked the sales associate about price changes after the order and they were just as confused as I was. Maybe it’s an error on the website?

i spoke to my sales rep i order model 3 performance blue white interior i saw the price went up i called he told me its do to the wheels being gray now and there is nothing they can do about the price increase it is for all performance model 3 kind stupid they can just do that while it was order but nothing we can do and it wont be around until mid December

My within 2 weeks is still there as well, ordered white on white sr+ aero wheels on the 10th of October. I hope i snuck in before i have to waite 6-10 weeks. It seems like its the performance models that are not showing the 2 weeks any more

Yes, but Tesla is not yet building cars for the US - as far as we know. Two weeks is impossible. It definitely is a computer error, and perhaps Performance orders are being changed (wait time) first.

Computers are always slow, but they will get it right eventually. Things will probably sort themselves out by Monday.

I would love to have a talk with a Tesla sales advisor. I really wonder if the release of the new delivery time-frames is causing lots of cancellations. I would expect that it is - given many people have depreciating trade ins and due dates on car loans. This site is not representative of reality in that respect in that most people here are really into Teslas and would walk on hot coals to get one.

Looking at the sticky-post delivery spreadsheet in this forum, one can sort by any column--including VIN date. From September 2019 backwards, it looks like there are multiple VINs assigned every day in a fairly steady progression.

However, there have only been two VINs assigned in all of October so far--both from people who had quite long waits to get that far.

Being a new-and-upcoming-owner I'm naturally anxious about my own order, which appears to be part of this early-October lull. T is... um... still making cars, right?

I noticed some new VIN's on the spreadsheet today (17 Oct).

Reactions: dillon