Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NoA in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your journey is starting from US, you can use NoA in Canada until some point (does not know criteria)
I had a travel from Seattle to Whistler, and saw it worked in TransCanada Highway. (didn't work in BC-99)

In the contrast, If you start from Canada, you cannot use NoA even you cross border. It started to work after visiting Supercharger.

IMG_1940.jpg

Got it too. But it says I need new map to be able to use it. SC said I need to make an appointment to bring the car in to install the new map. How do others get their new map? Just with wifi or did you have to bring you car in?

Toronto MCU1 AP2.0 model S
Got 49.12.1 tonight and NoA activates withiut new maps (maybe the maps were downloaded well in advance?)

While lane changes while on highway requires confirmation, It actually exists the highway (401/Mississauga road) without requiring confirmation. And then stops at the end of the off ramp at the red light without any input from me.

• Informative
Reactions: Nauti-Boy
Got it too. But it says I need new map to be able to use it. SC said I need to make an appointment to bring the car in to install the new map. How do others get their new map? Just with wifi or did you have to bring you car in?
New Maps are downloaded via wifi, however if the download is not successful you need to take the car to a SC where they will retry it and see what the error was.

• Informative
Reactions: Nauti-Boy
I've been testing NoA for a little bit. NoA is pretty good in most cases. The car automatically exits the hwy at exits as long as you are in the right lane. The best feature of this AP update is it's confidence in staying in the correct lane / direction when hwys split (407 / 403 east bound), (401 collectors/ express at Hwy10/mavis area). Overall, it is a fantastic addition to the AP suite. My biggest issue with it is the persistent lane change suggestions when you do not want to change lanes (even on average lane change intensity). It also doesn't recognize HOV lanes: so it asks you to exit the passing lane while in the HOV lane for a long time. Also, AP doesn't take into consideration if you only have to travel one interchange on the hwy, AP will still suggest you to go all way to the left most lane and will then take you back all the way to the exit lane.

I consider it a work in progress, a preview of the things to come. Note that it doesn’t stop at the red light at the end of the ramp 100% of the time. I had an example today at 403 S/Dundas near Toronto where it did not stop, and was going to roll through at 20kmph

Yup! Totally. I think it is still a great feature. I love it. It makes the aspect of long drives a lot more relaxing/care-free than before. Now, you don't have to stay alert at hwy splits...as long as the destination is keyed in, the car follows along correctly and also uses the indicator lights by itself.