Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noise differences between LR AWD and Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For some reason I started looking into switching to a 3 and I am wondering if there is a noticable difference between the LR AWD and the P when it comes to road noise? I have test driven a P and found it to be quite noisy compared to my S but haven’t yet been able to try a LR AWD.

Anyone who have both or tried both that can help me out?

I dont think there is any difference between the two in this regard. They are the same basic car with one of them having a different partnumber for one of the motors in the latest models.

Yeah but the P uses the 20 inch rims and comes with lowered suspension which would do something. I guess im also wondering if the comfort is higher in the LR AWD.

The majority of the noise comes from the tires. I find the noise level to be directly related to the quality of the road I'm driving on. On nice new asphalt it's pretty quiet. On older, or grooved, asphalt it can be quite loud. First big thing I miss about my BMW. It was much quieter even on rough asphalt.

Yeah but the P uses the 20 inch rims and comes with lowered suspension which would do something. I guess im also wondering if the comfort is higher in the LR AWD.

I didnt take the tires into account because, here in the US, there are performance model 3s with and without the "performance upgrade pack" which includes the tires (and suspension).