Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noise from breaks?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It could also be brake rusting/seizing-up. Because the regen-motors are doing most of the braking, the actual brakes don't get used much and can develop a layer of rust on it. When in parking mode, they could seize a little and make a loud noise as they disengage. Also, when braking, they could make noise and generate a vibration.

Typically, the solution is just to perform some hard-braking to burn off that layer of rust.

• Informative
Reactions: MX1028
The Tesla Ranger just leave and say the same for me: brake rusting (Because of my driving habit too much regen based :) )

He also tell me that they are two version for the brake, one dedicated for rough climate better for rust (which I already have)

(Was for a S that said)

Mine are quite breaks, except after a day of rain. The next morning while backing out of garage, the squeak happens like on my mountain bike disc breaks in similar (but not same) conditions. It goes away by the time I leave my court, and I pump them like I do my mountain bike. Exciting the natural frequency of the rotor (vibration) as @vandacca mentions makes sense, if a layer of rust or moisture needs to get cleared before brake action can be smooth.

• Informative
Reactions: MX1028