Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noisy Drag Strip Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my Plaid at the dragstrip last weekend. For some reason, when I put it into the dragstrip mode, it would show the counter/timer counting down as the battery was warming up, but would only go as far as showing 2 minutes left. So it never did get to the point where it said it was completely into the dragstrip mode.

Today at home, I tried entering that mode again while I was at home. It was making a whirring noise as the timer was going down. It did reach the full mode, and while sitting in my garage, it was quite noisy, louder than an old ICE car at idle. Is that normal for being in that mode? This is the first time I have actually entered the dragstrip mode since having the heat pump replaced a few months ago.

The mobile service tech is coming out in about a week to replace something on the radar sensor per an update. I will ask him about the noise but there is a good chance that he will not be familiar with people using the dragstrip mode.

I had same experience; still said 2 minutes but when I depressed the brake it appeared ready. Impressive until I parked. Continued to make very loud hum like an industrial size fan that’s 20 feet high.
I finally got some direction which was pretty simple; just hit the reset and it seems to be OK now.