Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noisy Windshield Wipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The windshield wipers in my 3 month old Tesla seem to be excessively noisy. Sounds creeky, like something that needs lubrication. Service Center cleaned windshield and says they are ok, but I have not noticed any difference. Has anyone else having this creeky noise?

Odd. I have seen several posts saying the wiper suck. Mine are flawless. I do use a glass sealant. Not sure if that makes a difference. But mine wipe perfectly clean with the only slight noise being the large left wiper returning to rest because it wiggles. As my other cars have with big wipers. But we are in a drought. So I have little chance to experience heavy rain. Hopefully this year...

:) Mine (2014 model) is very noisy (rubber jumping on glass) and smears water back and forth. Wiping is not really happening. I didn't change or condition the stock windshield at all, but I keep it fairly clean.

"Rubber jumping on glass" sounds like it is time to try a new set of wiper blades, perhaps with a premium rubber compound like from Bosch. That has worked for my older cars with the problem.

GSP

Mine came with Bosch blades and they work flawlessly. However, I have noticed that if I use the wipers in a drizzle within 24 hours of having washed the car in a commercial car wash (with RainX, etc.) the wipers squeak for a bit until all that coating is rubbed/washed off. Then they resume their silent operation.

Mine are noisier than I would like. Only used them twice though. I have tried to put RainX on my glass to avoid the need for wipers but find that this glass does not take to it very nicely. It just doesn't seem to make the glass as slick as my other cars. Anyone else notice this?

I have never found Rain-X to be that great. I used to use Griot's glass sealant, which worked well. I have now just applied Fly-by Forte. I have only had one opportunity to try it in moderate mist once so far, but they worked beautifully. Smooth as silk. I am very impressed. I do think a glass sealant can help with this issue. Fly-by even recommends coating the blades, which I did. No chatter or dragging at all. But the real test will be when we have real rain in CA (if ever) and the oils from the road get flung on the glass. When I lived in LA, it was maddening. My wipers in all my other cars would hop, skip and jump across the glass after about five minutes of driving with a perfectly spotless windshield in the rain.

Mine are noisier than I would like. Only used them twice though. I have tried to put RainX on my glass to avoid the need for wipers but find that this glass does not take to it very nicely. It just doesn't seem to make the glass as slick as my other cars. Anyone else notice this?

The windshield wipers in my 3 month old Tesla seem to be excessively noisy. Sounds creeky, like something that needs lubrication. Service Center cleaned windshield and says they are ok, but I have not noticed any difference. Has anyone else having this creeky noise?
mine were making a creaking noise and it ended up being a bolt or something they had to tighten... made me wonder how it got loose on such a new car (less than 2yrs old)... never had this happen on any car i've ever owned. After they tightened it down, the sound has gone away.

I have a service appointment on Monday. Called the service center and sent them this video of the primary wiper issue. The other is the intermittent speed was inconsistent, one moment it was keeping up just fine with the rain (heavy at times) and the next it went into 'ludicrous' mode -- I could feel the other drivers starring at me thinking 'what the heck'.<span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);">[video]https://www.facebook.com/groups/teslaworldwide/permalink/407459612781235/[/video]