Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nomad Charger + Cam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For some reason neither Y adapter provided by Nomad will allowed me to use a flash drive along with the nomad wireless charger.

I was able to plug both male ends of the Nomad charger into the female side of one of the Y adapters, which I then plugged into one of the front USB ports. I plugged the flash drive into the other front USB port.

Both sides of the charger work alone and when charging two devices simultaneously. The flash drive now also works.

My only concern is whether or not this is bad for the front USB port powering the Nomad charger. Flash drive is a 256 GB SanDisk CZ600 Cruzer USB 3.0 (from Costco). I have had this issue with all software versions released since early December 2019. I understand one side of adapter is power with the other power and data and have tried all combinations.

I am open to alternative parts to replace this if it is not safe. Please throw out some suggestions.

We got the charger before the Jeda hub arrived and used it for a couple weeks with just the splitter, not sure if it was faulty or that combination ruined it but it had to be replaced after 3 weeks. We finally got the jeda Hub and had no issues ever since. My suggestion is get the hub.

I bought the Nomad and now my TeslaCam doesn't work when using the splitters that came with. I'm using the Samsung SSD, and have tried reformatting it and using each of the two splitters. Any suggestions? Is the only option to also get the Jeda hub?