TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Nomad Charger + Cam

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by jfinephilly, Jan 7, 2020.

1. jfinephilly

jfinephilly Banned

For some reason neither Y adapter provided by Nomad will allowed me to use a flash drive along with the nomad wireless charger.

I was able to plug both male ends of the Nomad charger into the female side of one of the Y adapters, which I then plugged into one of the front USB ports. I plugged the flash drive into the other front USB port.

Both sides of the charger work alone and when charging two devices simultaneously. The flash drive now also works.

My only concern is whether or not this is bad for the front USB port powering the Nomad charger. Flash drive is a 256 GB SanDisk CZ600 Cruzer USB 3.0 (from Costco). I have had this issue with all software versions released since early December 2019. I understand one side of adapter is power with the other power and data and have tried all combinations.

I am open to alternative parts to replace this if it is not safe. Please throw out some suggestions.

2. dodukes

dodukes Member

We got the charger before the Jeda hub arrived and used it for a couple weeks with just the splitter, not sure if it was faulty or that combination ruined it but it had to be replaced after 3 weeks. We finally got the jeda Hub and had no issues ever since. My suggestion is get the hub.

3. ttdanimal

ttdanimal Member

• Like x 1
  4. jfinephilly

jfinephilly Banned

5. Navak

Navak Supporting Member

Hi,

I just shipped new batch to amazon. Should be available end of this week or early next week.

• Like x 1
  6. jfinephilly

jfinephilly Banned

Great! Do you sell them privately or only throw Amazon?

7. Navak

Navak Supporting Member

For now its on amazon only (with Prime shipping).

• Like x 1
  8. jfinephilly

jfinephilly Banned

I just placed my order. Thank you.

• Like x 1
  9. Navak

Navak Supporting Member

Great! Thank you.

10. jfinephilly

jfinephilly Banned

It seems as though Amazon is trying to torture me. They didn’t fulfill my order and now are saying that the next order comes on 1/23 but can’t guarantee they will get me the product. Are you sure you can’t do an outside sale?

11. Navak

Navak Supporting Member

#11 Navak, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Hi,sorry for the inconvenience caused you by amazon. Please see the PM massage that I just sent you.

12. Face_Disguise

Face_Disguise Member

I bought the Nomad and now my TeslaCam doesn't work when using the splitters that came with. I'm using the Samsung SSD, and have tried reformatting it and using each of the two splitters. Any suggestions? Is the only option to also get the Jeda hub?