Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-Nappa door panels and fabric ceiling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lerxt

Feb 21, 2014
Australia
Hi everyone.
I am close to getting my VIN and reviewing my options. Does someone have a nice close up HD photo of the non-Nappa door panels? I'd also appreciate seeing a nice close up of the fabric roof lining. Unfortunately none available to see here yet. Thanks.

I don't think a photo will be able to help you tell the difference between the nappa, non nappa (at least for the US car). Its more about how the leather feels. The nappa will feel soft, smooth and more pliable. The the non-nappa looks really nice but will feel a bit more textured and stiffer. This is all subjective of course. My personal S has the nappa and a loaner I had the other week did not so this was my impression. I was able the feel the difference right away. However, I wonder if it would made much of a difference had I not felt the nappa before.

As for the roof fabric, to me it feels a bit cheap for such an expensive car. I have the fabric and wish I had the alcantara but not sure I would have been able justify the additional cost. Also in the US, the fabric only comes in once color: beige so it will clash a bit with either the black or grey interiors.