Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-performance SoC 0-60 impact

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MY-Y

Mar 4, 2020
MD
There are many, many posts, graphs, and videos showing how the state of charge (SoC) impacts performance for the M3P and MYP. I've seen nothing on either AWD model. I suspect we keep full power down to 30% - 40% SoC vs starting to fall off around 70% like the performance models do. Does anyone have data on this?

(Tried asking on the Model Y forum, but got no answers.)

It would be great to get a similar graphic for the AWD without the acceleration boost at different SOC. In theory, the AWD provides 333 kW (447 hp) of power. If you look at the second link results, you can still push 333kW at ~50% SOC. One would think that there is no loss of power until you go below 50% SOC... Yet I feel like I have less power under say 60ish percent. I know feeling isn't a good measure so I don't want to put too much weight on that feeling.
Anyone have a AWD without the boost, have access to a dyno and is willing to do this? :)

It would be great to get a similar graphic for the AWD without the acceleration boost at different SOC. In theory, the AWD provides 333 kW (447 hp) of power. If you look at the second link results, you can still push 333kW at ~50% SOC. One would think that there is no loss of power until you go below 50% SOC... Yet I feel like I have less power under say 60ish percent. I know feeling isn't a good measure so I don't want to put too much weight on that feeling.
Anyone have a AWD without the boost, have access to a dyno and is willing to do this? :)

Yes. Up to 60mph it looks the the power and torque stays the same no matter what the charge.