Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Non-Reservation AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I just got an email that my M3 will be ready for a delivery event being hosted at the Highland Park, IL SC. The event is between 9/26 and 9/30 and I requested 9/26 pickup... That would be crazy seeing as I only placed my order on 9/2!

Who did you get email from?

I ordered on 8/7 for delivery in HP, received email for delivery on 9/24.

Haven’t heard of this event is why I ask.

Reactions: 1deepthink
Many with delivery dates are waiting patiently for VINs. It's a weird dynamic. For AWD configurations, about 47% have delivery dates, but only 33% have VINs. Throughout August these two numbers were within 0.5% of each other. Generally, if you had a delivery date you had a VIN. All of this tied to the 9/6 +/- delivery date bonanza of course. Will be interesting to see how it plays out! The good news for AWD reservation holders is that nearly 40% have VINs compared to only about 8% for non-reservation holders.

upload_2018-9-13_16-12-57.png

The pitchfork effect! That's what I'm calling the 14% gap this chart shows between those with a Delivery Date and those with a VIN. If the 7 day advance VIN is real as many have been reporting, this should be a big week for VINs. By that measure, mine would be tomorrow. Here's hoping!

upload_2018-9-17_10-37-54.png

Got my VIN! We also just passed the 50% mark for AWD orders having a delivery date assigned.
Spent some quality time at the lot looking at cars queued up for delivery. They really look great! I looked at exteriors of about 6 or 7 cars and the paint, panel gaps, etc. all looked great. Most of those were VINs in the 60K to 70K range. Very unlikely any of these were re-worked rejects as they all had the factory wrap for shipping.

No res/Non-Owner
Deep Blue Metallic, Blk Int, LR, AWD, 19", PUP, EAP, FSD
7/19/18 Config | Est delivery Sept '18 - Nov '18 | VIN 9/19/18 - 88,3XX | Del. 9/25/18

Last edited: