TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Non-US stock exchanges (Xetra, Frankfurt, ...?)

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by jbih, Aug 7, 2018.

1. jbih

jbih Member

1. I bought my Tesla stock at Xetra/Frankfurt. What other non-US stock exchanges are there? I tried to find stock exchanges trading Tesla stocks in Asia, because they would be the earliest to react to news after US trading hours.

2. If you are not in the US, where do you buy Tesla stock? Specifically, if you are in Germany, do you buy in Germany or in the US? I'm guessing that I really should trade at NASDAQ if I ever want to play with options. Opinions?

2. Johann Koeber

Johann Koeber Member

Yes, get an account with an international broker and trade in the US.

This opens you to option trading and low fees and fair prices. Bid/Ask in Frankfurt are too large. The market here is tiny compared to the US.

Personally I use Interactive Brokers, as many others here do.

Caveat: you got to know what you are doing, their platform is very powerful. They do not help you with your taxes, specifically IB does not care about the German withholding tax. So you are responsible for your taxes.

3. jbih

jbih Member