Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nope, it's not ready

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah either you have horrendously marked roads or there's something wrong with your car.

I have 0 of those problems- ever- and I'm on AP/NoAP the overwhelming majority of my miles.

Once in a while it'll tell me a given exit is unsupported-and do so far enough in advance for me to handle exiting- but it's never just flat out missed one- nor does it ever have trouble staying in lane when the lanes are actually marked.

There is enough history to say you can not extrapolate your local experience and apply it to others. I would wager @kaffine ’s car and road markings are more likely just fine than they are not.

There is plenty of evidence that regional differences cause Autopilot to work differently. Whether or not the reason is the Open Street Map mapping quality, subtle differences is road markings or the like (vs what the neural nets are trained on), geographical differences or even some differences in heuristics based on location, we don’t know, but the results are clear: there definitely are differences.