Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NorCal Powerwall owners. What is your reserve percentage right now? (Late October 2021)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s weird is at least at my house, we actually got grid power back here about 30 minutes ago (I didn’t even know this except for looking at the Tesla app). But PG&E still shows us down.

Bruce.

The PG&E map is kind of lagged. My cousin on the peninsula says he lost power at 8am today and the PG&E map says his power went out at 11am. Still no eta for him to get power back. He had to go to a neighbor’s house to stay warm.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin and bmah
We’ve only lost power briefly, 3 times so far. Just noticing by light flicker. The second time I had my phone out and went to the app and saw this: (maybe others out there wonder what it looks like)

34DC6797-90CE-47D5-967A-E8D1EB470C12.png

Forgive the excitement 😜 but first time seeing it on the app like this. BTW it also initially put up a message about 22hrs. Not sure exactly what that was in relation to. Message was gone before I knew it. Back on standby now feeding house from grid. Oh and I had recently put dinner in the oven so glad it will be cooked tonight one way or another. Winds have been gusting on and off all night but husband rolled out garbage can just now. Guess we’ll see if it’s still upright later. I see checking the PGE map that more of our city has been affected.

Stay warm and safe everyone. Hope no one has a flooding issue.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: holeydonut
How do you know storm watch was is initiated? It doesn't show it in that image. I am curious what it looks like on the new APP

And how is your house using 0 kw?
Yes, the Stormwatch banner was a an hour or two late to the party. I noticed that had kicked in when the three powerwalls were collectively pulling 10kW, part solar, part grid.

The reason the house is zero is that the neurio refuses to stay up and share data, so the house usage is really
(remote solar - actual home use) = Tesla's displayed home use
I notice that even though the remote solar doesn't get reported as solar, the excess does get used to charge the powerwalls, at least sometimes.

All the best,

BG

Last edited:
Forgive the excitement 😜 but first time seeing it on the app like this. BTW it also initially put up a message about 22hrs. Not sure exactly what that was in relation to. Message was gone before I knew it.

It's is irrationally cool seeing this all work!

The app will give an estimate of how long your batteries can run your house given your electricity usage, that's probably what the "22 hours" was.

Bruce.

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
I know. The first atmospheric river of the season and very early in the season too. Hope nothing major, especially in the burn areas.

In the past Storm Watch was never triggered until advisories or watches turned to actual warnings. Maybe the learned something from the Texas situation last year and changed their criteria to include watches and advisories?
what I saw was that SW activated because we had both a Wind Advisory and a Flood advisory at the same time. I've never seen it activated with a single Advisory, only a full Warning
There were areas that only had one advisory or watch, which is why I was curious to see if they changed the standards. So I was using my area today to see if anything did change.

Interesting. A buddy of mine did have his PW go into to storm watch and he too is only under a flood advisory in the same county. He is just about 10 miles north west of me.
He is right on the border of a wind advisory. His exact address is only under a flood advisory, but one block north of him is both wind and flood. I wonder if he is close enough for it to assume he too is under both advisories?

The first image is one block north of him and the second image is over his exact location

Attachments

• adv.PNG
    adv.PNG
    48.3 KB · Views: 27
  • adv2.PNG
    adv2.PNG
    32 KB · Views: 30
Sorry, I was too terse. I see your city is Roseville; is your electricity service provided by SMUD or PG&E (or some other utility)? Since PG&E has many outages and you don't I was guessing you might be served by some other utility.
I've seen multiple reports of PG&E outages for Roseville over the past year. I'm nearby in El Dorado Hills. Friend lives in Roseville and I know he has had a couple outages