Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Dakota Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears, according to Plugshare, that Greenlots is putting in DC fast chargers in St Cloud, Fergus Falls and Fargo. If they continue across North Dakota along I 94 (OK that's a big if), I might have to invest in a CHAdeMO adapter. How annoying if they beat Tesla to North Dakota! Edit-actually the Fargo one is across the Red River in Moorhead, so still nothing in North Dakota. Sigh, so close!

Last edited:
Does Elon's tweet mean the ND chargers will be done next summer?? I Expect Not. I expect Tesla can not get construction done at that speed. I would expect Dickenson and Fargo and Alexandria and maybe one more will max out the years construction capacity,

Bottom line Elon is over promising again.

It appears, according to Plugshare, that Greenlots is putting in DC fast chargers in St Cloud, Fergus Falls and Fargo. If they continue across North Dakota along I 94 (OK that's a big if), I might have to invest in a CHAdeMO adapter. How annoying if they beat Tesla to North Dakota! Edit-actually the Fargo one is across the Red River in Moorhead, so still nothing in North Dakota. Sigh, so close!
Looks to be very recent, the first fast charger near ND is online. There is 1 Greenlots dual charger and 2 basic chargers, 1 exit away from Fargo at Noodles & Co. (photo from PlugShare)
0207AA86-AAD1-4A78-BF11-343E58A92314.jpeg

What about Alaska and Hawaii? And why not Guam?!
Hawaii because you drive around the whole thing without needing charging :)

Does Elon's tweet mean the ND chargers will be done next summer?? I Expect Not. I expect Tesla can not get construction done at that speed. I would expect Dickenson and Fargo and Alexandria and maybe one more will max out the years construction capacity,

Bottom line Elon is over promising again.
I'm not sure where you get that, there are multiple companies that do the installs, and the one I spoke to in SD last year could do them in a matter of weeks when materials were available. They also have been doing more and more installs meaning they are more and more efficient.

• Informative
Reactions: Fulkth and Chuq
Finally put in for my model 3 order, take delivery in March out here in Dickinson. Hoping for progress this summer! It was a hard battle to convince the wife to put a purchase down without the superchargers in place yet, if they don't go up I may not survive the year.
I hope that when you wrote “survive”, you were joking. Hopefully, you’re not near one of these injection wells:
Witnesses describe explosion at Watford City saltwater site

Reactions: Fulkth and KJD
FYI, my brother owns a Model S, which he has with his other electric car (I think it is a 40 year old Mercury Lynx), on the Big Island. I think he may be bringing it back to the continent this summer to travel a bit...

I really hope that the V3 announcement will not contain some variation of the words 'and all current supercharger stations will be retrofitted by the end of the year'. Because 1) they won't meet a crazy deadline and 2) the ND superchargers won't happen again this year if they are focused on retrofitting.

Reactions: XHabjab
I really hope that the V3 announcement will not contain some variation of the words 'and all current supercharger stations will be retrofitted by the end of the year'. Because 1) they won't meet a crazy deadline and 2) the ND superchargers won't happen again this year if they are focused on retrofitting.
I don't think it will be a retrofit personally, just from what little is known about V3. They need new cords and I'm assuming new inventors to handle the load/max load. I just need SCs, not even worried about V3 right now since I can't use them ;) Ok, but parent's 3 can probably benefit a little.