Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Dakota Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is exciting. I would like to hope with those getting built that they'd fill in the gaps (Bismark and Jamestown) shortly after. Since Fargo and Dickinson are more my destinations, I need the ones in the middle to be able to make the trek more then I need the ends.
I agree, I need Bis/Jamestown/Fargo, but I won't turn one down close to home when traveling in -23*! :)

On another note I worked a little bit with an owner in Bismarck to assist in possible location scouting along with how to do the write up to Tesla (as the property owner) on allowing/placing a supercharge. I'd go out and dig the trench if it would have the SCs installed faster!

I stopped at the store in the Twin Cities on Friday and the guy there said the Fargo one should be starting soon. They also had about a half dozen Model 3's that had just come in and were going to get prepped for delivery.
I love the Eden Prairie Service center folks, but they have been far too encouraging about supercharger installs. I hope they are right, plus knowing that one is in the works helps, but I also struggle to figure out where the Alexandria one is. Logically that one would go in about the same time, but I lack any knowledge of that one being constructed since a prior report of Tesla sending a team to Alexandria/Fargo to work on locations.

If you are a Tesla fan/owner/eventual owner, join the Minnesota Tesla Owners facebook group. They had a ton of pictures from people going to checkout their car (pre-wash and post wash) with high resolution pictures of each color. I must say, the car is looking better than I first thought.

In my experience, showroom and service center employees generally have little clue about supercharger construction/progress. I mean they have a general idea, but less of an idea than someone who regularly reads this forum. The only good source I have come up with for inside info is the rare occasions when I have run into a Tesla tech who is either activating a new supercharger or providing maintenance to an existing supercharger.

Reactions: lightfoot3b
I'm guessing followers of this thread will be interested in this post and the few which follow it... Western Canada Superchargers
Thanks! I didn't realize how famous I was for this thread :rolleyes:

Elon said the same thing in a tweet as your head of Canadian SC installs said, end of 2018 for i-94 and trans canadian installs. It was actually said in a direct reply (tweet) to the other owner in my town of Dickinson ND! His 15 minutes of fame for sure! :)

Reactions: CarpetMan
With the Alaska Highway superchargers finally getting built, it will be interesting to see which state comes in 48th and which comes in 49th! I guess it depends on which end of the Alaska Highway they build out first. Perhaps there is even a stealth SC construction going on in Hawaii right now that no one has noticed!

Reactions: JSergeant
With the Alaska Highway superchargers finally getting built, it will be interesting to see which state comes in 48th and which comes in 49th! I guess it depends on which end of the Alaska Highway they build out first. Perhaps there is even a stealth SC construction going on in Hawaii right now that no one has noticed!
Where do you see that Alaska Highway has SCs in progress?

I'm curious but I don't see that anywhere...