Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not a fan of wood decor? Poor mans upgrade!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve always been kind of fond of the carbon fibre decor but at the time of purchase had to make some financial decisions that favoured function over form. The look I wanted to replicate is finally complete. Enter the poor mans carbon fibre upgrade for a few dollars worth of vinyl wrap and a bit of time. It was fairly straight forward to do by removing the trim pieces around the pieces I wanted to wrap using a trim removal tool and then putting everything back together.

060AA224-C87D-4B5D-A2D9-93F567E291BD.jpeg
D768B8C7-0A2D-4E5D-85C7-5B34F34578EA.jpeg
547D60FA-D616-4DE0-A220-7252D4175538.jpeg

I’ve always been kind of fond of the carbon fibre decor but at the time of purchase had to make some financial decisions that favoured function over form. The look I wanted to replicate is finally complete. Enter the poor mans carbon fibre upgrade for a few dollars worth of vinyl wrap and a bit of time. It was fairly straight forward to do by removing the trim pieces around the pieces I wanted to wrap using a trim removal tool and then putting everything back together.

View attachment 486042 View attachment 486043 View attachment 486044

o_O As a forester and woodworking fan I can't agree :D

Yes it is a bit glossy. It looked less glossy when I ordered it but then again the old piano black was already glossy to begin with. I may redo it with a less glossy one eventually but for now I like it.
I actually don't mind the glossy of the piano black trim as it's kind of necessary. To me, carbon fiber trim needs to be matte as the glossy looks cheap. Like I said, the matte stuff only costs slightly more than the gloss stuff but it looks SO much better and is well worth it if you're going to put forth the time to do it.