Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not a Supercharger - King City: permit for EV chargers at 560 Canal Street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It might be a fast charger compatible with Tesla, though. We can hope.
In the US the only fast DC chargers are CHAdeMO and CCS. Without an adaptor, Teslas cannot charge from those. Tesla sells a CHAdeMO adaptor ($450) but does not yet sell a CCS adaptor. So whatever this King City EV charger turns out to be, it’s not going to be useful to the vast majority of Tesla owners.

A Supercharger in King City would be very useful, but it looks like it is going to be awhile before that happens. I’m sure it will happen, eventually.

update: I drove by this site on the way from Santa Barbara north last week and there is no evidence of construction yet. An Electrify America site is "coming soon" nearby in Gonzales so it seems like a strange location for another EA site given their typical spacing.

update: I drove by this site on the way from Santa Barbara north last week and there is no evidence of construction yet. An Electrify America site is "coming soon" nearby in Gonzales so it seems like a strange location for another EA site given their typical spacing.
That's strange. Someone on FB posted a picture of a ChargePoint Express 250 charger "behind the O'Reilley's" on Canal Street. I can't find the picture now.