Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not another charger question!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently looking at sorting out my charger (Ohme) whilst I'm waiting for my order to get its VIN and start tracking.
Has anyone managed to supply their own charger and still use an OLEV approved installer?

The reason why I ask, is my first bunch of quotes are coming back at £500/£600 just for the charger, and since I'm already a Octopus Energy customer, I can get the Ohme Charger for £200.

Cheers guys.

Currently looking at sorting out my charger (Ohme) whilst I'm waiting for my order to get its VIN and start tracking.
Has anyone managed to supply their own charger and still use an OLEV approved installer?

The reason why I ask, is my first bunch of quotes are coming back at £500/£600 just for the charger, and since I'm already a Octopus Energy customer, I can get the Ohme Charger for £200.

Cheers guys.
I am not aware of requirements about where the installer buys the charger from but if you wanted to attempt something like this Your best bet is to get the list of OLEV installers from here: Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme authorised installers find a small local firm, explain the situation and see if you can come up with a deal that works for both of you.

Reactions: NickName
I am not aware of requirements about where the installer buys the charger from but if you wanted to attempt something like this Your best bet is to get the list of OLEV installers from here: Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme authorised installers find a small local firm, explain the situation and see if you can come up with a deal that works for both of you.

As @Jason71 says here.

I expect all roads will lead to the same installers but you could also contact Ohme direct and ask them to recommend a local installer that would just do the install of the supplier charger. They helped me find an installer that would do a custom cable length install.

Don't forget that although OLEV chargers no longer need to provide data to the government on your charging use, they do have to be smart chargers capable of logging charging data and also adjusting the rate of charge. So the cheaper "dumb" chargers could not be fitted under the grant.