Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not charging to set limit and quick battery depletion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Coming from owning two Model 3s since 2019 I'm seeing some weird battery performance on my 2023 MX LR. First, I set the charge limit to 80% (I've confirmed through the car and app that it's exactly 80%) but every time I unplug and get in it's consistently below the at like 77-78%. Is that normal for MX? I've seen that every now and then on the Model 3 but it was rare, this seems to be constant.

Also the MX LR and my Model 3 LR both basically have the same range (~350 miles) but I'm noticing the % on my MX goes down way faster than my Model 3 would do on the same errands. Coming from a Model 3 I'm used to the instant power so I'm definitely not flooring it and causing more dramatic driving dynamic than I would in my Model 3. Are any of these battery issues a concern or is this something similar other MX owners are dealing with too?

Reactions: explosive0
Coming from owning two Model 3s since 2019 I'm seeing some weird battery performance on my 2023 MX LR. First, I set the charge limit to 80% (I've confirmed through the car and app that it's exactly 80%) but every time I unplug and get in it's consistently below the at like 77-78%. Is that normal for MX? I've seen that every now and then on the Model 3 but it was rare, this seems to be constant.

Also the MX LR and my Model 3 LR both basically have the same range (~350 miles) but I'm noticing the % on my MX goes down way faster than my Model 3 would do on the same errands. Coming from a Model 3 I'm used to the instant power so I'm definitely not flooring it and causing more dramatic driving dynamic than I would in my Model 3. Are any of these battery issues a concern or is this something similar other MX owners are dealing with too?
My car is set for 75%. It lands anywhere from 73% to 78%. My Model 3 is even less precise, it lands between 70% and 80%.

Having exact same "issue" on my 2022 MX LR that I bought used. I came from a 2023 MY LR, so I've been freaking out a bit hoping I didn't end up buying one with a dud battery. I charge to 80%, and once I take it off the charger, it's at 79%. I drove 118 miles today (mixed city and highway with conservative driving), and the battery dropped from 80% to 28% by the time I got home.