Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not sleeping...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, so I checked out the my teslafi account, and it appears that my car is not sleeping. Just sits idle. I have started powering it off when I get out of the car. I have shut everything off for my favorites (home). Could that also be a part of my phantom drain?

Thx!

Same. Weird as my Model 3 has the same sleep settings

Attachments

• 72D152FE-11AC-423F-8AA3-A96B3627EA3B.jpeg
    72D152FE-11AC-423F-8AA3-A96B3627EA3B.jpeg
    235.3 KB · Views: 63
  • EEF5A3C8-792B-4A98-8199-3ADF780BE51B.png
    EEF5A3C8-792B-4A98-8199-3ADF780BE51B.png
    212.7 KB · Views: 60
OK, so I checked out the my teslafi account, and it appears that my car is not sleeping. Just sits idle.
I have started powering it off when I get out of the car. I have shut everything off for my favorites (home).
Could that also be a part of my phantom drain?
Thx!
Since the new 2020.24.06.4 when I turned Sentry on, I noticed that Sentry constantly detects something and emit a flash.
When looking at the Sentry video there is a red spot on the cursor of the video just when the flash occur.
However there is no activity around the car explaining the Sentry alert?

Note: I have also a Blackvue Dashcam DR900S connected to the cloud by WiFi.
Every time a flash occurs, I receive an alert on my phone from the Blackvue cloud website.
I can see that nobody is around the car, both by looking at the recorded dashcam videos and a life stream.

I tested this problem in middle of the night to be sure that there was nobody walking in the garage.
However on the life stream I can see the flashing occurring and I receive an alert from the dashcam on my phone at the same time.

To answer to the OP @IdaBish concern,
my car goes to sleep about 5 minutes after I unlock the car or also 5 minutes after I turn off Sentry.
I can measure precisely this because if I connect my dashcam to the Auxiliary 12 V plug,
I receive an alert when the dashcam is turned off, which occurs because the car goes to sleep.

I receive such alert like from every minute to every 5 to 10 minutes.
I can clearly see the flashing on my dashcam video.
If I turn off Sentry remotely, or unlock the car, the alerts stop and the alert start again when I turn on Sentry or lock the car.

May be Sentry is too sensitive after the new update?
Something like when a pump for the battery starts, this can be detected by Sentry?
Note: I was working on my car recently and I was able to hear a pump running time to time.

Also, there is no way to adjust Sentry like for my dashcam.
My dashcam goes to parking mode when there is no motion detected and I can select the alarm motion detection sensitivity.
I can also select or deselect some area of the dashcam video image to avoid having too many false alerts.
I also use a separate battery for my dashcam, so my dashcam is still running when the car is sleeping.

Last edited:
Since the new 2020.24.06.4 when I turned Sentry on, I noticed that Sentry constantly detects something and emit a flash.
When looking at the Sentry video there is a red spot on the cursor of the video just when the flash occur.
However there is no activity around the car explaining the Sentry alert?

Note: I have also a Blackvue Dashcam DR900S connected to the cloud by WiFi.
Every time a flash occurs, I receive an alert on my phone from the Blackvue cloud website.
I can see that nobody is around the car, both by looking at the recorded dashcam videos and a life stream.

I tested this problem in middle of the night to be sure that there was nobody walking in the garage.
However on the life stream I can see the flashing occurring and I receive an alert from the dashcam on my phone at the same time.

Your MY is haunted... New, undocumented Sentry mode feature. lol