Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Widget ? Model Y still not sleeping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made sure sentry is off, cabin over temp protection is off. I have no summon yet, even tho I paid for it a year ago. I have the regular App, not Tessie. When I go into my garage without phone, the car grunts & groans (wakes up). I believe it even collects video clips of me even tho sentry is off. I'm confused by replies talking about a widget that I don't think I even have. I' d like to ensure the car sleeps. Any help is appreciated.

My car woke when I went into the garage the other day without my phone. Caught me off guard. Sentry was not on. I believe Tesla has been tweaking how phone key works in recent updates. I think they are trying to prevent relay attacks, so the Tesla app recently started disabling phone key automatically when it detects you aren’t using or holding your iPhone (for example, when your phone is completely still for a long period of time), and when it detects the iPhone in use again (for example, picked up), it turns back on phone key, and that causes the car to wake up if it’s in Bluetooth range. It’s possible that when we go in our garages, it’s causing our Apple Watches to disconnect from our iPhones due to range, and that in turn might be causing the iPhone to wake up, which in turn causes the Tesla app to re-enable phone key and wake up the car. Just a convoluted theory for now. I need to do some more testing, but the waking logic has definitely changed recently and the car definitely wakes up now when I leave my phone still on a table for hours and then pick it up. My car wakes up twice every morning, right when me and my wife first touch our phones after waking up. And no, we don’t use the widget or open the app when we wake up.