Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not Sure FSD Is A Good Value @ $15k. Ordered My Model Y In SEP2022 (Est. Del. Date DEC2022).

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was tired when I posted above. While I think FSD is not worth it at all, I should mention that if there were a way to pay a couple hundred bucks - no more - to add auto lane change to the basic autopilot I’d pay for that. Although, really, it should be included. That’s the only thing missing, in my opinion.

The auto lane change function alone makes the $200 subscription worth it for a long road trip. That's what I did for a 3,000 miler and it was great. That’s also where I learned that FSD just isn't all that, and won’t be for a very long time.
It’s Interesting the things people value. Lane changes on autopilot usually cause me anxiety as the conditions must be perfect for the car to act. But the most anxious issue to me is the follow cruise control and how it allows huge car lengths to develop when traffic speeds up. The car just loligags and accelerated .5 mph per second. By that time the cars in back pass on right and cut in front of me. I hate it.

$15,000 would cover 75 months of a $200 subscription (6.25 years). So it only makes sense if you intend to keep your car that long.
Just keep in mind, this math assumes the subscription rate stays at $200/month for the next 6.25 years. This is unlikely.

That same, I don’t think $15K is worth it. For most people, the novelty of FSD will wear off in a few months. It’s worth spending a few month’s subscription before plunking down $15K, just to make sure this is a feature you want for the long term.