Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not sure what interior to get...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really like the white interior. It definitely pops. I also like the contrast of having some of the interior black. Originally, I was thinking of getting Kenriko's white matte wrap for the center console, but now I might go with the black matte. Too soon to comment on how hard it is to keep clean, but I am not too worried about it, since I am a borderline neatnik.

False. We have the white in our X for more than 2.5 years and there are zero stains from jeans in any of the seats and we wear all shades of dark jeans all the time. Plus, we have a toddler who is now 4 years old who has spilled all kinds of food and drink on the white seats and climbed all over with her dirty shoes which have left no stains. The white has not discolored, turned dingy/yellow, or degraded. We have gone several weeks, even months without cleaning the interior and no issues. We live in SoCal too. This is exactly why I got white in my 3. Too beautiful not to get it and it’s virtually maintenance free.
This makes me think I have defective seats. I took delivery of my X in late July and already have blue staining on the driver’s seat (mostly bolster, exit side), but also have weird graying dots (looks like the white is fading off?) along the back of the seat. I wear jeans daily, clean exactly as instructed in manual, and can’t get up jean staining or get rid of weird graying spots. My middle row had black areas where the white had come off when I took delivery. Service Manager noted those were a defect and put in my account that I will get replacement bench (60 and 40) whenever I’m ready. I have OCD and my driver’s seat makes me want to cry because of how it looks - especially when I read people have no issues.

This makes me think I have defective seats. I took delivery of my X in late July and already have blue staining on the driver’s seat (mostly bolster, exit side), but also have weird graying dots (looks like the white is fading off?) along the back of the seat. I wear jeans daily, clean exactly as instructed in manual, and can’t get up jean staining or get rid of weird graying spots. My middle row had black areas where the white had come off when I took delivery. Service Manager noted those were a defect and put in my account that I will get replacement bench (60 and 40) whenever I’m ready. I have OCD and my driver’s seat makes me want to cry because of how it looks - especially when I read people have no issues.

Sorry to hear of your issues. The white in our X and 3 still looks stark white. Hopefully Tesla can fix your issues.

Sorry to hear of your issues. The white in our X and 3 still looks stark white. Hopefully Tesla can fix your issues.
I just made an appointment to have my front seats looked at. With my middle row already being marked as “defective” at delivery, I’m hoping replacing the front seats is an “easy” fix and Tesla doesn’t try to make it an issue or blame me. It’s really upsetting having spent so much and being so OCD, to see my seats in the condition they are. But very happy to hear your white interior is amazing in both of your Teslas!

• Informative
Reactions: nalang
I got white and love it.

I showed the car to a military pilot today (he ended up driving it for an hour) and as he was getting into the car he said that the white interior made the car look like a spaceship.

When I was graduating from college my dad gave me a book about how to dress for success. One of the conclusions was that lower classes buy blue or dark trench coats to hide dirt and upper income buy tan and pay for cleaning. For 40 years now I've had to fight my upbringing and go for the lighter colors. I've never regretted it.

My wife comes from a practical, Midwestern upbringing and she wanted black because the white might show dirt. She says now that white was the way to go.

For me, black is for work vehicles that you don't want to clean. As I approach the white interior I feel like I'm walking toward a clean interior. My tan Lexus seems dirty now. Be daring. Blow your mind. Get white. .-)

Reactions: Jivas
I just made an appointment to have my front seats looked at. With my middle row already being marked as “defective” at delivery, I’m hoping replacing the front seats is an “easy” fix and Tesla doesn’t try to make it an issue or blame me. It’s really upsetting having spent so much and being so OCD, to see my seats in the condition they are. But very happy to hear your white interior is amazing in both of your Teslas!

Let us know how Tesla responds to hour concerns. Hope it turns out favorable.