Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current M3 owner is looking for another Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I am current owner of 2023 Model 3 RWD for 6 month. It is our first EC and we love it so far.
We are shopping for next car in used car market.
There is 2017 Model S 75D (55k miles) in red color with 21" wheels
and the other hand 2021 Model Y LR (19k miles) in red color and white interior with 20" wheels
Price is about same after we have to spend money after purchase Model S
MCU needs to be upgraded to MCU2 and seat covers and etc...
in other hand, MY is pretty brand new condition and still under warranty
What you guys would choose between these 2 cars?
Thank you in advance

I'd choose the Model Y in a heartbeat for the same price. The extra features of the S don't do much for me, but the larger rear storage on the Y is something I would find valuable. I'd also prefer the longer range of the Y and the extra warranty/less wear on the Y compared to the S.

Reactions: android04 and Kimmi
We have a 2021 Model Y. I've driven an older Model S that we got for a loaner at one point. The Y isn't quite as sprightly a drive as the Model 3 that's my daily driver, but it has a better drive than the Model S (which, admittedly, an older one). The Model S felt.. heavy.

And there's a heck of a lot of storage area in the Y, much more than the S or 3.

Hello,

I am current owner of 2023 Model 3 RWD for 6 month. It is our first EC and we love it so far.
We are shopping for next car in used car market.
There is 2017 Model S 75D (55k miles) in red color with 21" wheels
and the other hand 2021 Model Y LR (19k miles) in red color and white interior with 20" wheels
Price is about same after we have to spend money after purchase Model S
MCU needs to be upgraded to MCU2 and seat covers and etc...
in other hand, MY is pretty brand new condition and still under warranty
What you guys would choose between these 2 cars?
Thank you in advance
Different cars, easy to choose if one satisfies your needs and the other doesn't. An experiment: pretend $ has nothing to do with it ... which would you buy? Then add the $ and watch yourself as you justify paying for features you don't need or giving up features you really want. I know, not a helpful post.

I have a 2019 75D, 2022 Y, and 2023 3 RWD. So first hand experience:
The 3 and Y can’t match the power and buttery smooth air suspension in the S, especially the non-performance uncorked 75Ds. Driving the RWD 3 and Y back to back, you can feel how much slower the RWD 3 is.
For those that say there isn’t as much storage space in the MS, you’re wrong. The MS being a hatchback and longer than the Y can fit a lot. Easily fit our 6ft Costco Xmas trees in every year and I’ve transported 6 ft folding tables inside. The only limiting factor is the divider between the cargo area and passenger area in the S that limits the girth of items, but not the length.

But, if I had the choice between a 2021 MY or 2017 75D, I’d pick the MY.