Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Notice anything peculiar?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could be: Rural Texas Mail Delivery handled by contractor delivery people? Drive on "wrong side" of road, so works better to use "wrong side of road cars"? Makes more sense than an accidental shipment of RHD cars considering many people would have seen it.
The waiting room at the Tesla Sales site in NJ where I bought the car has a video on repeat with a variety of Tesla vehicles and the people who use them. One was a rural mail carrier who uses his S, I believe, for work and has logged many miles; unfortunately I do not recall if it was RHD. I think it said that it was his own car.

Reactions: Akikiki
@Andy7, yep, seen that video billion or fifty times. (I've lounged around in a Tesla service center so many times for so long - not even waiting on my car, that I've been asked to bring coffee.) That's why I thought this might be a carrier's car. That guy in the video is sitting "on the hump" that don't exist. His car is old enough to be a "S" that does not have a center console. Probably has a coca-cola case or milk crate while he's waiting on Elon to make a "center-seat"

Dude is about 200 years late to the party. :p

Musk's Other business has been here for a number of years, down in Boca Chica Village.

Still Texas has been one of the less friendly states in terms of Tesla, itself. There are plenty of entrenched moneyed, politically connected individuals that are actively belligerent towards Tesla. It'll be interesting to see if Musk is able to leverage a potential factory to overcome that with regard to the dealership rent-seeking laws here. I'd guess he'll have slightly better luck on that working out in Oklahoma instead, but maybe.
I saw a YouTube video that claimed that Tesla had made a large land purchase in Hutto,TX. So the theory is this is where the new Cybertruck and Model Y factory will be. We'll see how it all plays out. It would be pretty awesome to have Tesla in the immediate Austin area! Should bring a lot more good paying, high tech jobs to the area, if this is where Elon decides to setup shop.

I saw a YouTube video that claimed that Tesla had made a large land purchase in Hutto,TX. So the theory is this is where the new Cybertruck and Model Y factory will be. We'll see how it all plays out. It would be pretty awesome to have Tesla in the immediate Austin area! Should bring a lot more good paying, high tech jobs to the area, if this is where Elon decides to setup shop.
Solid rumour. ;) It does make sense as Hutto was runner-up to Sparks 6 years ago for the first Gigafactory. Local solar potential isn't as good as Sparks, NV (it's around 5kWh/m^2/day vs about 5.5 in Sparks, even though lower latitude means they can lay the panels flatter) and clearly the name isn't anywhere as appropriate (ironically there is a Sparks, TX within about an hour's drive). Still it definitely has things going for it as a location.

There hasn't been an actual closed land sale on the books yet that I've heard (that's public record) so they probably secured an option on a large parcel in that industrial park. That's fairly standard procedure for attempting to put a deal together. Expect negotiations with the State to be happening if they really are trying to do this.