Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November 10 Price Changes Get Refund?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Makes sense. Unless I am mistaken, those who have been denied and reported here have ordered options no longer available (at least that's part of the reported denial narrative from Tesla).

Everything ordered on mine is still available except Carbon Fiber. Wouldn’t that be something if my $250.00 upgrade option ended up costing me an additional $3,800.00 because I’m also one who’s sort of been gently advised how lucky I am that I got exactly what I wanted. Hopefully that’s not the differentiator on whether Tesla reprices your vehicle at current pricing.

That’s really awesome news! I wonder if they will update anything online that you can actually verify that this was done. Maybe in documents?

What part of the country are you in and what does your vehicle status show currently? Assuming in transit like mine? Delivery date?

I am in NY for a home delivery and the car just out of the factory Sunday but still no estimated delivery date yet :(

My adjustment is $2300 as well. Basically I got the white premium interior adjustment and the base price of the car is now $500 less.
Excellent! I've just plugged in my email request to my DS as well. All of my options are still available, but the overall price difference should be $2300. Ordered on 9/16 as well. Hasn't entered construction yet.

• Informative
Reactions: dogldogl
Everything ordered on mine is still available except Carbon Fiber. Wouldn’t that be something if my $250.00 upgrade option ended up costing me an additional $3,800.00 because I’m also one who’s sort of been gently advised how lucky I am that I got exactly what I wanted. Hopefully that’s not the differentiator on whether Tesla reprices your vehicle at current pricing.

It is starting to look like that's exactly the calculus.

I don’t have any deleted options on my order. White one white with 6 seats and standard wheels. My price difference only came out to $800 cheaper since I forgot to add the dest/doc fees to the configurator price, so decided to keep my reservation vs potentially loosing out on the tax credit...which now they say as long as you order by the 30th you’re good. But after logging in to do the configurator I decided to check on my order and it’s now in production so probably too late to get the down payment moved to a new reservation :/

This is what I was thinking is the case and in the same boat as @world99. My $250 upgrade will cost me $3800. Trying not to get upset about it...not easy.....I did the carbon fiber only because I was only mildly liking the dark wood with the black premium and my kiddos like the carbon fiber better and I caved on that small spurge.

Reactions: Bogobec
This is what I was thinking is the case and in the same boat as @world99. My $250 upgrade will cost me $3800. Trying not to get upset about it...not easy.....I did the carbon fiber only because I was only mildly liking the dark wood with the black premium and my kiddos like the carbon fiber better and I caved on that small spurge.

I'm thinking the difference needs to come from their 529's.

I don’t have any deleted options on my order. White one white with 6 seats and standard wheels. My price difference only came out to $800 cheaper since I forgot to add the dest/doc fees to the configurator price, so decided to keep my reservation vs potentially loosing out on the tax credit...which now they say as long as you order by the 30th you’re good. But after logging in to do the configurator I decided to check on my order and it’s now in production so probably too late to get the down payment moved to a new reservation :/

My understanding is you can move your deposit to any car at anytime. The associates I have been working with advised you can switch to an inventory car or order a new one without forfeit of deposit. You must have ordered a 75? Your math doesn’t fit the 100? They went down by 500 and the premium interiors went way down. Black down 3300 and white down 1800 (somebody correct me if I am wrong on the white)
It’s just frustrating that if you do this switch, (to another MX) the next person will be able to buy your ordered car (which goes into inventory) at the new lower price... you are the only person on the planet that would have to pay the higher price! If you got the supercharging and you did your math correctly I would eat the $800 because I think they would be well within their rights to make the price adjustment and not provide the supercharging since today’s cars don’t receive it.

Has anyone actual received the price adjustment ? Anything in writing such as an email .

My OA who I have been trying to contact for 3 weeks called me this evening and offered me 2 yrs of free service ??
I told him that I just wanted the price adjusted to current pricing and the apparently others have been able to do this.

He was not aware of that, he is going to check further and get back to me. My X is in transit and delivery is scheduled for Monday.

If Tesla would have simply stated that the price reduction was for vehicles delivered after Dec 31, I would have no problem, but when they make a big deal that if you order by Nov 30 they will expedite the order for december delivery so you will still get full 7,500 tax credit, that is a problem.

• Helpful
Reactions: dogldogl
Excellent! I've just plugged in my email request to my DS as well. All of my options are still available, but the overall price difference should be $2300. Ordered on 9/16 as well. Hasn't entered construction yet.

I got a response from my DS who confirmed that they can adjust the price. In my case the diff is only $1000 since the base price increased by $1300, but the premium interior dropped by $2300.

So I haven't received the price adjustment yet, but it seems to be in the works.

the base price of the car is now $500 less.

How did your base price go down? I'm in Canada so my dollars are more colorful than yours and pricing is a little different, but I thought the base prices went up slightly and the premium interior prices dropped by more.

My original order:
upload_2018-11-20_18-29-37.png

And new pricing
upload_2018-11-20_18-30-4.png

How did your base price go down? I'm in Canada so my dollars are more colorful than yours and pricing is a little different, but I thought the base prices went up slightly and the premium interior prices dropped by more.

My original order:
View attachment 354437

And new pricing
View attachment 354438
I think 75D base price went up but 100D and P100D base price went down.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: KWReid and sixty
My understanding is you can move your deposit to any car at anytime. The associates I have been working with advised you can switch to an inventory car or order a new one without forfeit of deposit. You must have ordered a 75? Your math doesn’t fit the 100? They went down by 500 and the premium interiors went way down. Black down 3300 and white down 1800 (somebody correct me if I am wrong on the white)
It’s just frustrating that if you do this switch, (to another MX) the next person will be able to buy your ordered car (which goes into inventory) at the new lower price... you are the only person on the planet that would have to pay the higher price! If you got the supercharging and you did your math correctly I would eat the $800 because I think they would be well within their rights to make the price adjustment and not provide the supercharging since today’s cars don’t receive it.

I did order the 75, but only have the 6-month supercharging not the lifetime, so not sure what that is worth. I would have to drive out of town to access one anyway so not a big benefit for me especially if the 6-months starts when it’s delivered. Interesting to know that you can change orders whenever...figured it would only be before your car actually started production.

Ok, just got confirmation the my price will be reduced to current pricing. My Tesla page has been updated and received revised MVPA
My X is 100 with 6 seat white interior / white exterior. This configuration is still current.

This was like pulling teeth, no one would return calls or emails. My OA called Tues and offered 2 year free service, I rejected that and have not been contacted again.

I was originally scheduled for Monday 11-26 delivery and had not been contacted by anyone to confirm this. So I called local delivery center, who let me know that the price was adjusted and sent me the revised agreement. Moved the delivery to Thursday as the financing was only held thru 11-19, so will have to get approval again.

So looks like if your configuration is still available they can adjust the price, but does not appear to be automatic.

Norm