Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla price increase round just started

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it is obvious this guy does not have a model S.
No, its not, and its actually fairly insulting for someone who just got here to say something like that. While I think they should have exited Tesla ownership a while ago based on their experiences and how they feel about it, to insinuate something like this is insulting to someone who has been here a while and doesnt deserve what the rest of this post is insinuating.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ and jebinc
Why are you here then : ) ... Go get an i5 or Kia EV if those are better options.

My Model S has ZERO rattles and cracks, has matching panel gaps all around, does not have any single design issue, the leather feels better than that in my 175K S-class. You were probably stuck with a bad vehicle... Mine is perfect.
Oh really? Care how did you fix the excessive negative camber issues that destroys your rear tires 3 times faster than normal?

The black pleather on my MXP was a disaster compared to the quality leather we've had on our Lexus products. In the 18 months we owned an MXP, it creased and stained (even though black) horribly. The leather on my P85D Next Gen seats was far superior.

Reactions: jebinc
Oh really? Care how did you fix the excessive negative camber issues that destroys your rear tires 3 times faster than normal?

The black pleather on my MXP was a disaster compared to the quality leather we've had on our Lexus products. In the 18 months we owned an MXP, it creased and stained (even though black) horribly. The leather on my P85D Next Gen seats was far superior.
Wrong answer… mine has non of that issues as I run 19” wheels on it. As for leather, u r just one data point out of so many old and newer Tesla cars with so many miles in the used car markets that are showing zero leather issues. Your 18 months old car with poor leather is an indication of an isolated problem that u r facing.

Wrong answer… mine has non of that issues as I run 19” wheels on it. As for leather, u r just one data point out of so many old and newer Tesla cars with so many miles in the used car markets that are showing zero leather issues. Your 18 months old car with poor leather is an indication of an isolated problem that u r facing.

It does unless you added after market arms or shims. Period. You claiming it doesn't just makes you lier or you haven't had it enough miles to regret it.

The thousands of other posts complaining about the pleather are not isolated issues.

It does unless you added after market arms or shims. Period. You claiming it doesn't just makes you lier or you haven't had it enough miles to regret it.

The thousands of other posts complaining about the pleather are not isolated issues.
If you’ve already switched to another brand, why are u still here trash talking Tesla? Just enjoy whatever car u got… there is still a lot of fans here that still believe this car is better than any other car they owned…. I’ve owned and still own several 100K cars, from S-class, X7, X5, 5-series, and I’d take the Tesla any-day any-time other than any of the other cars that now feel like stupid-lazy-trash in view compared to the Tesla. The fact that u or others have had a leather issue in a certain spot won’t change my mind about it.

• Disagree
Reactions: TLLMRRJ

Tesla is the king of margin expansion, at the expense of owners.

If you’ve already switched to another brand, why are u still here trash talking Tesla?

You are apparently mistaking me for someone else. I've also also owned multiple $100K cars and Tesla interior quality can't even touch a $50K Infiniti or Lexus. There are many aspects of Tesla that nobody can touch, but fit and finish and quality of interior materials is not one of these. Tesla's aren't luxury vehicles.

You are apparently mistaking me for someone else. I've also also owned multiple $100K cars and Tesla interior quality can't even touch a $50K Infiniti or Lexus. There are many aspects of Tesla that nobody can touch, but fit and finish and quality of interior materials is not one of these. Tesla's aren't luxury vehicles.
Name a single EV that is priced 75K and better than Model S.
Nobody said its luxury but it’s the best car for its current price. Those who disagree and can’t find a better alternative for “same” price range are just here to make noise

Last edited:
  • Disagree
U r the same user that still can’t take my challenge of naming a single EV that is priced 75K and better than Model S.
Nobody said its luxury but it’s the best car for its current price. Those who disagree and can’t find a better alternative for “same” price range are just here to make stupid noise
BMW i4 m50 is solid, I think it does everything better than Tesla, but its smaller interior space, smaller cargo space and shorter range. BMW i5 e40 is legit as well, really good car if you don't need 0-60 in less than 4 seconds and range of high 300 miles. i5 m60 is fantastic but fully loaded spec is $98k

I think BMW i5 with the NACS connector and access to supercharger network will be a legit contender for a better car.

BMW i4 m50 is solid, I think it does everything better than Tesla, but its smaller interior space, smaller cargo space and shorter range. BMW i5 e40 is legit as well, really good car if you don't need 0-60 in less than 4 seconds and range of high 300 miles. i5 m60 is fantastic but fully loaded spec is $98k

I think BMW i5 with the NACS connector and access to supercharger network will be a legit contender for a better car.
So u listed all the alternatives with a “but” in the end of ur sentence. Well that means u failed answering. Even the i5 isn’t in the same price as Model S unless poorly spec’ed which is stupid then and has nothing better than MS; yet that poor range? Give me a break lol

It doesn’t with the 19”. Stop spreading lies and no facts.

There are multiple threads each with many thousands of posts on the camber issue. It happens just as badly on the 19" wheels as it does the 21" wheels. I've already gone through this myself with 19" wheels on a Model S and had custom arms built to fix it long before there were turn key solutions. With a few hundred posts and statements like that, you're going to have a hard time building credibility here.

There are multiple threads each with many thousands of posts on the camber issue. It happens just as badly on the 19" wheels as it does the 21" wheels. I've already gone through this myself with 19" wheels on a Model S and had custom arms built to fix it long before there were turn key solutions. With a few hundred posts and statements like that, you're going to have a hard time building credibility here.
Yeah show me those “THOUSANDS” of posts to prove u r not lying. Stop spreading misinformation. U think i care about what u think of my reputation measured against my # of posts? I could care less about wt u think or even others lol. Waiting for the THOUSANDS of posts that u had imagined

• Disagree
There isn’t a single documented 19” failure. Or even a single documented 21” with tires other than the PS4S.

Reactions: CTruck_BMW
There isn’t a single documented 19” failure. Or even a single documented 21” with tires other than the PS4S.

I never ONCE said failure. I said "Care how did you fix the excessive negative camber issues that destroys your rear tires 3 times faster than normal?"
I have no comments in this debate after the initial rebuttal claiming "failure".

Even in the 21" rear tire woe thread, nobody is debating whether the -2.4 to -2.7 degree rear factory camber causes accelerated wear on the 19" tires. There have been debates about whether there are outright failures in that thread and others including this post but I never participated in that debate or made any claims: Plaid 21” rear tire woes - factory defect?

I did participate in many other threads on accelerated tire wear due to Tesla's excessive negative camber including my own posts documenting the rapid wear down to the cords within 13K miles before correcting my factory -1.7 degree camber with upper arms to -1.3 degrees. I got 40K miles out of the subsequent sets of tires when I sold it finally after 7 years and 135K miles.

Just do a search in the Model S forum in titles only for "camber" or "tire wear" and you will see many many threads going back 10+ years about rear inner tire wear. It's just worse on the 21" wheels because the shorter sidewalls can't compress as much as the taller 19" inches to deform against the excess negative camber.

The only other thing not debated is that the refresh negative camber got WAY worse ranging from -2.4 to -2.7 degrees on medium height compared to the previous 2 generations of suspension (raven and pre-raven). This is race course levels of camber no appropriate for street driving.

Tesla has tons of ongoing issues including the dreaded shudder-on-acceleration issue that has plagued the car for years and has gotten even worse on the refresh (probably due to both LR and Plaid having even more power). Most of us that stay with the brand do so for the positives and we try to solve the negatives and document our journey doing so to help others.

I never ONCE said failure. I said "Care how did you fix the excessive negative camber issues that destroys your rear tires 3 times faster than normal?"
What do you consider 3 times faster than normal? Typical numbers I'm seeing are 15-20k miles on a set of summers, which is pretty standard for a high performance sedan. Slightly better than what I used to get on my M-cars really. All seasons will generally last longer.

Camber by itself, even at -3 degrees (which is not what these cars run), isn't going to drastically increase the wear rate of the tires. The theory about the 19" wearing better due to the thicker sidewalls is also bullshit.