Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla price increase round just started

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla increased the price of the Model X in the US and both the S and X in Canada; specifically, the MX Plaid in the US by $5,000. The Tesla Model X Plaid now starts at $94,990 from $89,990. In Canada, both the S and X plaids got a price increase too.

Looks like we are up to a few more rounds of price increases soon. Tesla margins were really low this past quarter, and it appears to be recovery time now after the beyond normal price cuts.

Reactions: El joe
Glad I just took delivery of my Model X Plaid a few days ago! Hope they get the plaid prices back up to normal. For once, maybe a car can be an appreciating asset!
Appreciate asset? lol it’s not April yet. Tesla depreciation is the worst than any auto manufacturer. Glad you got into the deal for lower price. Now it’s just give other users to shop aliens such as Rivian and other manufacturers coming out in 2024. Or a bold move, I think k it more that if a marketing ploy. Tesla is pushing out the poverty models that would qualify for the federal rebate (if qualified) models as they are cranking them out. The plaid model take a little longer to make and most eta is pushed out for weeks to months. Personally I like the Plaid with the Yoke. Nicole and diming by Tesla is unwarranted for the 2023 model year to close out with dismal sale volumes won’t be met. Is bad enough with interest rates. Now additional cost, people will
Look elsewhere.

I think Tesla is testing the waters to see where people's interest are with the S and X. We all know the S and X is nothing compared to the 3 and Y in sales numbers. I'm guessing that at some point in the closer future, the S and X will be parked away for good. Only 3 and Y will remain.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Tesla increased the price of the Model X in the US and both the S and X in Canada; specifically, the MX Plaid in the US by $5,000. The Tesla Model X Plaid now starts at $94,990 from $89,990. In Canada, both the S and X plaids got a price increase too.

Looks like we are up to a few more rounds of price increases soon. Tesla margins were really low this past quarter, and it appears to be recovery time now after the beyond normal price cuts.
Maybe. I think it's not necessarily a foreshadowing of Model S. Model X Plaid lead times have been way longer than any other S/X. I think this is demand shaping.

Will they honor the price I ordered my MSP at?

It was ordered a couple of weeks ago, had VIN a day later, and is supposed to be delivered in a week or so.

Also maybe this means that they got so many orders due to the lower prices that they feel more confident about meeting their production numbers so they push prices up again?

Will they honor the price I ordered my MSP at?

It was ordered a couple of weeks ago, had VIN a day later, and is supposed to be delivered in a week or so.

Also maybe this means that they got so many orders due to the lower prices that they feel more confident about meeting their production numbers so they push prices up again?
They are so good in honoring that "locking the lower price for you based on your order date", and they are also good in switching to the new "lower" price if the prices reduce. That's what I heard.. no first hand experience with that though. I would call your adviser there and make sure to have that discussion right now.

Reactions: soulsea
Also, this price increase coincides with an offer to allow free unlimited supercharging transfers for existing owners that have it… so “pay $5k more, keep your supercharging” seems to be the actual deal.
not really, because the increase is only for the X plaid. BUT - IN CANADA BOTH XP and SP GOT A PRICE INCREASE...... In the US, the X LR, SLR and SP are still priced the same. Having said that, whether it's now or later in Jan, I still feel both the S/X LR and the SP will also get a price increase soon. These cars are priced so low now in a way that it's hard to get any car that is better (especially the S) at those prices. I believe there are many cars better than the X at its price, but the S is priced really well now in a way they can still ask for 10K more and it's still priced well. Name a single car that is better than the S for 75K? Even for 85K; it's still the best sedan EV in my view.

Reactions: ucmndd
not really, because the increase is only for the X plaid. The X LR, SLR and SP are still priced the same. Having said that, whether it's not or later in Jan, I still feel both the S/X LR and the SP will also get a price increase soon. These cars are priced so low now in a way that it's hard to get any car that is better (especially the S) at those prices. I believe there are many cars better than the X at its price, but the S is priced really well now in a way they can still ask for 10K more and it's still priced well. Name a single car that is better than the S for 75K? Even for 85K; it's still the best sedan EV in my view.
Ah, I misread your post. Didn't realize it was just the XP.

Define “crazy” :)
He was acting like the stereotypical know-it-all billionaire asshole on Twitter for the past couple years. To the point where these bumper stickers started appearing in the Bay Area.

64f757be7819260019117619.jpg

However, for most of 2023, Elon has been fine. If he stays quiet on Twitter, then Tesla's image will continue to improve and hopefully sales will increase again.

Trying to arbitrage future Tesla pricing is almost impossible. Usually do not know about upcoming increases/decreases in advance, unless Tesla want to announce a future price increace to increase immediate demand.

Often pricing is caused by unknown to the public reasons.