Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November/December Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a MYLR today.

My first lease ever, so perhaps I should not be surprised that the Tesla app choked on my credit application. Will I be assigned a service advisor I can call for human intervention ?

I called the generic Tesla Tel. #
The nice lady told me that a dedicated sales advisor is not assigned to my account. If correct, that sucks.

Regarding the glitch in credit app, she said she 'refreshed' my account and I should type in the credit application again. I balked at the incompetence and was told no supervisor was available to move me along. I left the conversation after she agreed to past on the App error to <someone>

Then I typed in the credit app information from the beginning and it was approved. So she may well have known what to do, but the process is idiotic.

And to my surprise, I already have a VIN 7SAYGDee8PF916***
And an EDD of Nov 15 -22

I called the generic Tesla Tel. #
The nice lady told me that a dedicated sales advisor is not assigned to my account. If correct, that sucks.

Regarding the glitch in credit app, she said she 'refreshed' my account and I should type in the credit application again. I balked at the incompetence and was told no supervisor was available to move me along. I left the conversation after she agreed to past on the App error to <someone>

Then I typed in the credit app information from the beginning and it was approved. So she may well have known what to do, but the process is idiotic.

And to my surprise, I already have a VIN 7SAYGDee8PF916***
And an EDD of Nov 15 -22

This AM (within one business day or placing the order) I was able to schedule a delivery date for this week. Pretty slick overall.

Here are my lease costs. I was confused by the $12k down payment for a while, until I realized that Tesla then deducts the $7,500 EV tax credit.

Tesla.png

Last edited:
Got my vin today! Looks to be a 2023.
My Vin is 7saygdef9pf919*** and the cars birthday is Oct 30th 2023 @ 13:01:36pm. Pretty cool that your service advisor can pull this information! He also confirmed Matrix lights and HDW4. Still on for 26th of November pick up date! This is the day after we return from Curacao, pretty stoked how this is all working out! Three hour drive home from Matthews NC to Myrtle Beach to get acquainted with my new MPY!

Reactions: cvachon
My Vin is 7saygdef9pf919*** and the cars birthday is Oct 30th 2023 @ 13:01:36pm. Pretty cool that your service advisor can pull this information! He also confirmed Matrix lights and HDW4. Still on for 26th of November pick up date! This is the day after we return from Curacao, pretty stoked how this is all working out! Three hour drive home from Matthews NC to Myrtle Beach to get acquainted with my new MPY!
Congrats! That is going to be a great day!

(I'm getting a bit worried as I have not seen a single report of RWD being delivered yet. Just dates that keep moving back ... )

Reactions: 1.21gigawatt
This AM (within one business day or placing the order) I was able to schedule a delivery date for this week. Pretty slick overall.

Here are my lease costs. I was confused by the $12k down payment for a while, until I realized that Tesla then deducts the $7,500 EV tax credit.

View attachment 990346

$33k total over 3 years yikes! Saying that they pass through the $7500 is kind of a gimmick when it comes to the lease. It would be valuable if you could lease it, save the 7500 and then buy out the car, but given that their lease is a pure rental, it doesn't matter, they just make it up with a crazy high interest rate and low residual that you can't use to buy out for cheap later either. This only makes sense if you're taking a business deduction.

Guaranteed you won't lose $33k on a $50k model Y in 3 years if you were to purchase outright

Congrats! That is going to be a great day!

(I'm getting a bit worried as I have not seen a single report of RWD being delivered yet. Just dates that keep moving back ... )
Hopefully you will get a Vin soon! They are probably pushing all the AWD and Performance models to the front of the line, more profit for them to deliver them first. You may want to look at inventory cars if you are trying to get in for the tax credit this year.

Well something SUPER bad just happened. I had a VIN assigned for a vehicle that was not built.
They removed my VIN (that had a discount) and now both DISCOUNT and the VIN are gone. Also they are "offering" a LR now.
This is insane. Agreement is totally derailed without warning. Going by the delivery center today to see what in the world is happening.

Well something SUPER bad just happened. I had a VIN assigned for a vehicle that was not built.
They removed my VIN (that had a discount) and now both DISCOUNT and the VIN are gone. Also they are "offering" a LR now.
This is insane. Agreement is totally derailed without warning. Going by the delivery center today to see what in the world is happening.
oh man...sorry to hear that! They are offering a LR for the same deal?!

Got it somewhat sorted. It took a lot of calls and a lot of talking to the Delivery Center... Long story about delivery schedules etc... Reassigned VIN now.

(I wish they were offering for the same price! No it was listed at 48990 but they would sell it to me today. I just laughed and cringed that they said I could take delivery of a $5k more expensive car... )

Reactions: 1.21gigawatt
Got it somewhat sorted. It took a lot of calls and a lot of talking to the Delivery Center... Long story about delivery schedules etc... Reassigned VIN now.

(I wish they were offering for the same price! No it was listed at 48990 but they would sell it to me today. I just laughed and cringed that they said I could take delivery of a $5k more expensive car... )
I had the same exact experience today. I bought on 11/3 on an inventory discount for $43,350 instead of $43,990. Randomly got my order canceled and VIN + date disappeared. After 2 hours I have a new VIN, a slightly later EDD but I managed to keep the price. Actually, when the new VIN was emailed to me by Tesla I checked the MVOA and it was already updated with the inventory discount. The only difference in VIN was my 9th digit is now a 9 rather than a 4. Curious, what was your old VIN's 9th digit?

Yeah it was a lot! Very glad you got it resolved as well….
As far as VIN I didn’t take note of the previous 9th digit. What is that digit showing?
Its just referred to as the check digit but it was the only digit that was different from my first VIN to my new VIN. I know of one other person who bought a RWD with inventory discount that got canceled that day too. I'm just worried they will try to pull it again.

It’s just referred to as the check digit but it was the only digit that was different from my first VIN to my new VIN. I know of one other person who bought a RWD with inventory discount that got canceled that day too. I'm just worried they will try to pull it again.
I have the same fear too. I’m playing the game “do I still have a VIN today?” when checking the app.
The whole thing is truly strange. Makes me think there are some issues at the factory they aren’t wanting to say… but that’s pure speculation. At least cars are arriving this week.

I have the same fear too. I’m playing the game “do I still have a VIN today?” when checking the app.
The whole thing is truly strange. Makes me think there are some issues at the factory they aren’t wanting to say… but that’s pure speculation. At least cars are arriving this week.
The fact that I've only heard of people with inventory discounts having this issue makes me think we got the discount by accident and this is Tesla trying to undue it. The SA I worked with gave me a "well try and carry the discount over to your new VIN" to which I replied I'm not leaving until they match the price. It's not my fault they decided not to build my first VIN. What state are you located in?

The fact that I've only heard of people with inventory discounts having this issue makes me think we got the discount by accident and this is Tesla trying to undue it. The SA I worked with gave me a "well try and carry the discount over to your new VIN" to which I replied I'm not leaving until they match the price. It's not my fault they decided not to build my first VIN. What state are you located in?
I said as much to them as well - I printed out the agreement and said “there is no wording in the agreement about VIN or vehicle specific assignment. This points to only my order number. That is simple black and white to your agreement “
Granted it’s not a huge amount but weirds me out they just can try to remove it like nothing. Glad I had the agreement downloaded as it was changed in my account online paperwork and they changed my financing agreement to make my down payment higher.

Im in CA here. I thought when I clicked in inventory and said “coming soon” the cars were on the way. Silly me not knowing all the “lingo”

I saw an MYLR come into inventory locally with my exact configuration so I swapped over to that one from the RWD.

Selected from inventory on Saturday morning and picked up Monday at noon. All in all a great process, 2023 model year, 0 fit/finish issues and everything seems to be great so far. Got a 5hr round trip to make tomorrow so I'll put it through some more break-in.

Reactions: Werdmai and Alonzo