Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November/December Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DudeInNC

Nov 2, 2023
NC
Hey gang, new here and figured I'd start a post for this month since I didn't see one.

Just ordered a MY RWD in NC yesterday (11/01) with an estimated date of Nov-Dec. Hoping it comes in before the end of the year as I'm not sure I'd pull the trigger after losing the $7500 credit.

Let's get this month's waiting room rolling!

Model Y Performance
Ordered 11/4/23
Ext: Black
Int: Black

EDD November - December originally but VIN given this AM and now date is Nov 8-14th....I am putting on hold for 2 weeks to kick the can forward to work on Payment etc

I am in the same boat in regards to arranging the finances.

What is the process for "putting on hold for 2 weeks"?
Do you lose your deposit?
Are there any other penalties or negatives?

Thanks in advance.

An update to my original post (from the September/October waiting room thread).

OD: October 28
VIN Assigned: October 30
EDD: October 30 - November 8

Offered one delivery date (November 11th) on November 6th. I accepted the date, but asked Tesla if they could move me to another day (Saturday is for college football...) and they moved me to an earlier date (9th).

edit: Model Y LR 19" Grey Black interior

I am in the same boat in regards to arranging the finances.

What is the process for "putting on hold for 2 weeks"?
Do you lose your deposit?
Are there any other penalties or negatives?

Thanks in advance.
I just emailed my Tesla advisor and he put it on hold. You will not lose your deposit. It just puts the acct. on hold for 2 weeks and then another VIN will be assigned. You can remove the hold anytime. I removed mine today as my current car's oil leak clicked into overdrive last night so I cannot wait another 2 weeks like I wanted to. They will not let you keep doing holds the maintain the price point much more after that though.

Reactions: Bacalao
If you think you can afford MYLR and no benefit of owning rwd like incentive etc then MYLR is the best option between any tesla models in my opinion but... if better batteries start to show up from other brands ,it can make you regret about paying 4 -6 k extra for mylr

At this time of year, many want to put off taking deliveries until the 2024 Model is available. Tesla is aware of this game, and needs to push out every car they can before EOY.

They may be willing to work with you to achieve your goal, but as the end of the Quarter rolls around they begin filling existing domestic orders from stock and shipping new production overseas to get those deliveries done before end of 1st Quarter in 2024.

In other words, you are making a gamble that you can get both delivery before EOY plus dated as a 2024 model. Often times this will get you bumped into February of next year.

Trying to stack all the benefit of getting exactly the configuration you want, get a marked 2024 model, delivery in 2023 and qualify for tax credits would be great, but posponing deliveries might bite you in the butt.

Last year some big snow storms rolled through the Country. This resulted in lots of delivery delays that few predicted.

That's a good call on the weather, hadn't thought of that.

I'm not too fussed on 2023 vs 2024, just want to make sure I get in for tax credit by EOY. I may bump this up and swap my order to the in inventory model this week and hope that gives time to take delivery before EOY.

I'm assuming when they say "in inventory" with a specific service center listed that it's actually there :)