Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November/December Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Final update -

Ordered a MYP evening of 11/26
  • Pearl White
  • White Interior
  • Tow Hitch

Timeline
  • 11/28: Vin assigned.
  • 11/30: Estimated delivery notification (NY metro) 11/30-12/7 from Fremont factory.
  • 12/1: Delivery window updated 12/9-12/18.
  • 12/7: Text message that vehicle ready for delivery to be scheduled.
  • 12/11: Took delivery at service center
Vehicle was not at service center long enough to charge more than what came from factory, so I received it at 48% SoC.

Initial impressions: Wow! White interior is gorgeous! Car feels more glued to the road than the MYLR I test drove. Zero rattle. Small nick in paint, but super unnoticeable. First drive to work 80mi round trip tomorrow. Will start day at 80% SoC (level 1).

Having fun with kiddos playing with the tech. Connected a PS5 controller and managed to get Xbox cloud gaming to work!

Other spontaneous accessories bought/installed:
  • Mud flaps
  • 3d floor mats
  • Storage trays
  • 1TB drive
  • Rimsavers
  • Rear seatbelt guides
Forgot to mention it was a 11/23 mfg date.

Ordered MYLR, 7 seats Midnight Silver metallic paint with black interior and 19" wheels on the 1st of December for delivery in NJ. It is an "in stock" vehicle. Got a VIN almost immediately and initial EDD of 12/9 to 12/18 which was then changed to 12/13 to 12/18. Received a text today to schedule pick up. Scheduled for 12/16.

Reactions: ElectronDon
Ordered inventory MYLR 12/08. VIN immediately. Delivery in MD. Original est delivery 10-17 just got bumped to 16-25. Weird because the site said it was available for faster pick-up which I assumed meant it was already on-site. Ordered straight online so I guess I don't have anybody to talk to about what's up.
Delivery appointment text today. Setup delivery for 12/17. Just inside my original window, I'm impressed.

Picked up on 12/9 at Loveland, CO; no issues; had HW4 and Matrix lighting equipped.

Moving from a '19 M3 SR+ with FSD to a '23 MYLR w/o FSD is like night and day.
Still no referral points have been awarded. 10k sitting in pending and no response at all from Tesla. Sent emails and got kicked back; tried calling only to be hung up; and tried texting them only to be ghosted once they know the problem.

At this point, submitting complaints to the BBB/FTC and my state's consumer board about this.

Still no referral points have been awarded. 10k sitting in pending and no response at all from Tesla. Sent emails and got kicked back; tried calling only to be hung up; and tried texting them only to be ghosted once they know the problem.

At this point, submitting complaints to the BBB/FTC and my state's consumer board about this.
No one can receive referral points for you buying a new Tesla if you already owned one in the past. Forgive me if you already knew this.

Got a text to schedule delivery. Picking her up next week! :)

Here’s an updated sequence of my order timeline and changing dates:

Order Date: 12/01
Original EDD: 12/25-31
Second EDD: 12/26-31
Third EDD: 12/16-27
Fourth EDD: 12/15-27
Fifth EDD: 12/15-29
DELIVERY SCHEDULE REQUEST
DD options: 12/20-21

2023 MYP Black on White + Tow Hitch
Inventory Order (In Transit) to Toronto, ON

Ordered inventory MY RWD on 12/12 with status of in transit and estimate of 12/12-12/19. Notified to schedule delivery 12/13 and picked up today 12/14!

Build seems almost perfect, only thing I noticed so far is roof glass not perfectly centered. Maybe a millimeter or two off.

Reactions: Deadareus
My experience yesterday was less than stellar. I drove 4 hours to pick up my car. The MYLR red car was ordered on 11/28; and listed as “ready for immediate pickup in Charlotte”. It was actually not in Charlotte until 12/28. Arrived early for my 1:00 appointment. Signed 3 documents; then waited 1/2 an hour for my car to be “detailed”. Car is pulled around, and has superficial scratches along the entire passenger side. Into service, and over an hour later, they manage to buff out the scratches. Less than stellar experience, and end up driving home (did I mention 4 hour drive) mostly in the dark. For my money, the dealership experience is far superior to the Tesla experience. YMMV

Jack

My experience yesterday was less than stellar.
I waited 100 days for my first Tesla a few years ago and I was saddened to hear of those who found one available within a day or two. This time, I was the one who found a Model Y that checked all my boxes one day, and I picked it up on the next. The first purchase was confusing at best but was acceptable. This time it was significantly better. The agent asked me more than once if I had inspected the car and if it was OK. The final paperwork went perfectly and they took the time to answer every question. For me, it was as if they had corrected all the mistakes made in the past.

I would like to credit the process as being improved, but it may be more of a factor of a store who found good people, and it was my luck to stroll into the right one.