Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UPDATES. Yesterday (Friday) I received my VIN with EDD OF Sept 1-5. Next step in the Tesla app was to send my insurance info, and I sent a pic of my insurance card. Midday Saturday I got a text and email with a link to choose my delivery date. Of course, I’m going to choose the earliest possible appointment. To my surprise, this was Tuesday, Aug 30, two days prior to my EDD interval they gave me yesterday. About an hour later, I get a text with a warning to respond by 5pm today or Tesla will assume I don’t want the car! I had to tell them if I was transferring a license plate and the plate # or did I want a new plate ($165 fee). Second thing they wanted to know was how i intended to pay for my Tesla, so I told them cashiers check. Person I spoke to at Tesla cautioned against using the Tesla app to do a bank transfer for fear of the bank not appproving it. A couple hours later, I got ANOTHER text from Tesla acknowledging receipt of my info. They advised that my 1pm delivery on Aug 30 looked good, but they would advise me if it could be pulled forward or if it needed to be delayed for any reason. Last night, I got a bunch of offers from online buyers and also Tesla. Carvana was highest with Car gurus $800 behind. Tesla‘s offer was not a firm number but instead a range spreading approx $2000. If I take the highest number and account for state sales tax savings, the Tesla offer is about $1330 less than Carvana. Being more greedy than lazy, I will pursue the Carvana offer. So, I have a couple busy days before delivery day Tuesday. Since my last EDD was Sept 20-Oct 18, I am not prepared. Videos to watch, checklist to get together, get cashier check, etc.

Picked up my my car yesterday. I need to get it serviced as there a huge door gap on the passenger door. I had to tighten one of the bolt on the rear door because the car door was literally loose and not secured. When I picked up my car there was an Austin built next to mine. Mine had the matrix lights and the wooden door panel. The Austin car didnt have the matrix and the wooden door panel but it had the trunk shelf which mine didnt.

Picked up the car yesterday... basically the SA asked me to sign the papers and left...
Here are the issues:

1. Passenger side front door trim paint chipped off
2. Door weather stripping is not aligned properly
3. driver door is not closing properly ( i have to close it hard.. looks like all austin models have this issue)
4. This is weird - Tailgate is not closing properly when parked in a driveway (slight inclination)
5. Driver side headlight is not aligned/flushed
6. hatch/tailgate is not aligned..

out of all, i believe they will fix the 1, 2 and 4. I ok to live with panel gaps... not bad.. but, if you look closely, you can figure out..

Tesla advisor told me to leave it as it is.. its within the threshold and its not visible..

i have a mobile tech appt on monday.

Reactions: Art84
3. driver door is not closing properly ( i have to close it hard.. looks like all austin models have this issue)
As far as I understand, that is expected for the new car because the rubber around the window is new and tight.. it should become better overtime when it's softened.
You can test the closing door's smoothness, just roll down the window and try to close the door. It would be much much easier.

Picked up the car yesterday... basically the SA asked me to sign the papers and left...
Here are the issues:

1. Passenger side front door trim paint chipped off
2. Door weather stripping is not aligned properly
4. This is weird - Tailgate is not closing properly when parked in a driveway (slight inclination)
5. Driver side headlight is not aligned/flushed
6. hatch/tailgate is not aligned..

out of all, i believe they will fix the 1, 2 and 4. I ok to live with panel gaps... not bad.. but, if you look closely, you can figure out..

Tesla advisor told me to leave it as it is.. its within the threshold and its not visible..

i have a mobile tech appt on monday.
Do you have pictures? Curious about the Austin models since I’m picking up in a few days.

Reactions: anapon

Attachments

• 42E8EB5E-C6B8-4661-AE59-F4B2B4A6010D.jpeg
    42E8EB5E-C6B8-4661-AE59-F4B2B4A6010D.jpeg
    318.4 KB · Views: 102
  • B2ED6F65-7064-43CF-AF78-FA28843F90CB.jpeg
    B2ED6F65-7064-43CF-AF78-FA28843F90CB.jpeg
    496.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 387249B4-A773-4BAA-ADEF-E122A1647C32.jpeg
    387249B4-A773-4BAA-ADEF-E122A1647C32.jpeg
    352.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 9D0E7254-8FF6-41B3-B45B-D617709F1BC6.jpeg
    9D0E7254-8FF6-41B3-B45B-D617709F1BC6.jpeg
    532 KB · Views: 77
  • C56C6E39-D00D-4CA6-8EBF-84DC9683E5A0.jpeg
    C56C6E39-D00D-4CA6-8EBF-84DC9683E5A0.jpeg
    323.6 KB · Views: 80
  • ABFCF725-47E0-4B48-85AA-637AB0BCF5E7.jpeg
    ABFCF725-47E0-4B48-85AA-637AB0BCF5E7.jpeg
    536.6 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: Weedblossom
what's the issue with the headlight? Everything looks fine to me
its not flushed.. probably my pic angle is not good... i am going to leave it as its... I have got an appointment for all the issues... they have already told me that the panel gaps are within the specs.. i am bothered about only 3 issues,, door weather strips, tailgate is closing only if the car is in flat surface and paint issue.

Last update. Picked up my no-option MYLR today. I am extremely impressed on several fronts. First, my wife hates Teslas but admits this one is pretty nice. I didn't find any issues. Drove it home 45 miles. Absolutely no squeaks or rattles. Very quiet, found myself cruising well over speed limit several times. Rides very well. I am still in shock having gone from no VIN and EDD 1-2 months away to having it in my garage only four days later. Austin build, door wings, cargo cover, carpeted door bins and rear seat wheel arches, regular headlights. OD 11/21/21, DD 8/30/22.