Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how many of you are getting frontal PPF? i am getting estimate for 1700 plus tax... this includes the lights too... material - suntek ultra
do we really need PPF? confused...
Not required but my last vehicle is 14 years old and I hope to keep this one the same length or longer so I would like to keep the paint as clean as possible. I plan on installing Full Frontal PPF myself. It is on the way currently. Paid $800 for it - full frontal.

how many of you are getting frontal PPF? i am getting estimate for 1700 plus tax... this includes the lights too... material - suntek ultra
do we really need PPF? confused...
I am picking up tomorrow and will be dropping off on Friday for full frontal PPF, ceramic tint, and ceramic coating. The package was about 4K. I'm in N. VA. I forgot how much PPF was alone.

I am considering it. PPF for just the front was quoted at 1995, whole car at 5995. I don't plan on paying those prices.
I scheduled the PPF for my 2020 M3 for the week after I picked it up. I had them do any paint correction, and only did the front. (Mirrors, front bumper, frunk hood, fenders and rockers). I also had a ceramic coat done on the entire care. It was a chunk to drop just after spending for a car. HOWEVER! Might I say 2 years later, she still looks brand new. I am amazed at how well it does. I never had PPF before on a vehicle. I will always have it going forward. Especially travelling highways roads as I typically do.

• Helpful
Reactions: jroxiec
Finally, Tesla home delivered the car this afternoon.

Overall finish quality is very good, with some minor paint and alignment issues.

The delivery guy from Tesla was extremely NOT helpfully. He did not know how to use the App to report issues. He told me there is no Mobile Connector in my car, asked me to request one by myself but could not tell me know to request :(. Five minutes after he arrived, there was a Uber waiting there for him.

When I sat in the car first time, the screen did not respond at all... after 30 minutes of googling... I had to reboot the screen. The experience could be better.

I like the car. But the delivery experience is near terrible.

I should have insisted on picking up from Fremont in stead of accepting the Home Delivery option. A lot of items could have been resolved right there.

Cheers.

PS: Any tip to request a Mobile Connector and how to report issues would be really appreciated.

Last edited:
I would probably do only the front bumper for PPF, since it's a flat surface, it most likely get a lot of paint chips from traveling on highways. You don't get that much on the regular cars, because in front you have a cooler grill. If it would have just a flat plastic as tesla has, it would look really bad in a few years

Reactions: dgbehrends
I typically keep new cars for 15-20 years. I've never done anything to protect the paint on them, and wash them about once a year in the spring to get the salt off, whether they need it or not. Not planning to change that practice on the Tesla; it has worked out just fine so far and saved a ton of money and hassle. No PPF here.
lol…that’s keeping it real.

Picked up my car (info in sig.) yesterday from Tyson Corner (VA) and the car was perfect! No alignment or paint issues. 🙌

✔️ ~50% charged
✔️ all ports worked
✔️ mobile connector included
✔️ front license plate bracket included
✔️ no chrome rear Model Y license plate which I did not expect but all of the Model 3s I saw had them.
✔️ rear shelf was included (Austin build)

My pickup experience was not the best.

When I got there, my car was not parked on the lot for pickup. There are a lot of cars waiting for pickup in their warehouse and my car was parked in what seemed to be the middle of the warehouse. I had to wait almost 30 minutes for them to move cars out to get mine out. When they finally brought the car out, no one said anything to me. I had to ask if it was my car and if I could have the key cards. I would have thought they planned a day ahead for pickups but it is clear, they do not.

I will be dropping off today to get full frontal PPF, ceramic tint, and ceramic coating. I love my car and am so happy the wait is over!