Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for all the 👍s. @daahlberg I had my order set to cash, no trade, no FSD. Had an SA switch my account to finance this morning. Will be selling my ICE vehicle privately, hoping to get the most I can for what I think it is worth.

Interesting note, my boss ordered his wife a MY5 Blue/Black Induction, no FSD nearly a month before me and he just got bumped to EDD end of May-June.

Randomly bounced a month sooner this morning. Not believing anything any more.

I'm envisioning one of those big cages full of ping pong balls with dates written on them spitting out the latest prognostications.
A week and a half ago, my EDD moved up to 3/18-3/31 (scrambled to get my 14-50 plug and sub panel ordered/installed this week. Lots of people say once it is in a two week window, it's getting closer and the earliest potential being a week away. Today, my date moved to May-June. I reprioritized my week then got a bad ping pong. Womp womp.

Reactions: Jones1
A week and a half ago, my EDD moved up to 3/18-3/31 (scrambled to get my 14-50 plug and sub panel ordered/installed this week. Lots of people say once it is in a two week window, it's getting closer and the earliest potential being a week away. Today, my date moved to May-June. I reprioritized my week then got a bad ping pong. Womp womp.
Have seen this happen before, you get close, push way out, few days later you get a VIN

Same thing happened to me. I had a EDD window that was about 2 weeks. I got my 14-50 installed. Then a week later my window changed to May - June. 30 day window. Now my EDD is 5/21-6/18

Text Tesla SA to request my order be switched over from “Cash” to “Financing” Friday morning. I completed the financing application when I got home from work and didn’t pick up my phone again until I was headed to bed several hours later. I decided to check before I went to bed and my application was approved.

In this day and age, it’s so strange to not get a single notification when progress has been made. I tiredly looked over the numbers and hit confirm without looking to see if I could specify what method I would use to pay my down payment.

My question to you all who have gone through this process before me (this is my first Tesla experience)…am I still in a good position to receive my car even with the remaining task noting I need to pay my final payment to avoid delays in delivery? I would much rather look the car over on delivery and hand a physical check in versus having a ACH debit prior to accepting delivery.
B4B5EBDE-2420-43C6-9108-30CB8142A21F.jpg

just finding this thread and can relate 100% lol

MYLR, Solid Black, 20" Induction, All Black Interior, 5 Seater
Order Date: 21 Nov 2021
Initial EDD: January 2022
Current EDD: 27 May-24 Jun 2022

Has easily changed 10+ times over the process, glad to see I'm not the only one enduring this.
Any insight on updated body/headlights/battery/chip for these timelines?
Updated to: 15 May - 12 June

Reactions: Jones1
My first
Text Tesla SA to request my order be switched over from “Cash” to “Financing” Friday morning. I completed the financing application when I got home from work and didn’t pick up my phone again until I was headed to bed several hours later. I decided to check before I went to bed and my application was approved.

In this day and age, it’s so strange to not get a single notification when progress has been made. I tiredly looked over the numbers and hit confirm without looking to see if I could specify what method I would use to pay my down payment.

My question to you all who have gone through this process before me (this is my first Tesla experience)…am I still in a good position to receive my car even with the remaining task noting I need to pay my final payment to avoid delays in delivery? I would much rather look the car over on delivery and hand a physical check in versus having a ACH debit prior to accepting delivery. View attachment 780006
My first Tesla also and I’m in the same stage. They called and asked about final payment and I told them I’ll be bringing a check. They were fine with that plan.

Reactions: Ysoserious!
I had a Nov 2nd order, placed basically to lock in the price before the tax credit passed. MYLR white ext $56,990 + Seven seat $3k + FSD 10k =$69,990 subtotal. I completed all the pre-delivery tasks and trade in quote right away.

Trade in quote expired, but I surprising got a VIN assigned in the middle of December, (I live in Austin). Didn't want 2021 delivery as I might lose tax credit, as well as hoping for 4680 battery model or other new tech. I was able to call in and have delivery placed on hold until April 1. I was also able to remove FSD from my order, so current order agreement on my account shows $59,990 subtotal.

I also have a Rivian R1S reservation from November now with basically a $12k discount. I might eventually cancel both the Rivian and Tesla orders, flip both orders for profit, keep one and flip one, or even just buy and keep both. Undecided what I want to do long term. Like both vehicles, but also ok keeping current vehicles a bit if it makes sense.

Now on the Tesla I have a $6k discount vs current configured price. I'm hoping April 1st when my order is off hold I will be able to delay delivery as long as I can. I'm fine waiting most or nearly all of 2022, I don't need to replace our vehicles soon. Eventually I want the newest tech possible; whether that is 4680 battery, structural pack, lightest weight, at the oldest cheapest price possible. I'm not sure if I can request any more holds or delays.

Anybody have suggestions on how to delay delivery further?