Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife ordered her Y. It is funny how in the beginning I checked daily, maybe even a few times a day for her. Then it went to a few days to every week, and now I sometimes forget she ordered one. One day I expect a call that it's time to schedule delivery. Like the times Amazon, UPS or FedEx shows up and I think, "I did not get anyth... oh the wife."

EDD had been stuck on Dec for 3 or 4 weeks, updated today Sep 2-Oct 28.

Never mind, today EDD slipped to January. On the bright side, it's gonna be a 2023 model with all updates before the dust finally settles. Take your time Elon, I don't mind getting a better discount as MY current list pricing increases. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: FOD11
Wow, you picked up your MY with no Paint or Wheels? FSD I can understand. Did they have you create a service appt. to have it painted? And how did you take it home with no wheels? 🤣😂🤣
Haha! Going for a CyberTruck look 🤣. Orders with FSD, paint upgrades or bigger tires - aka more $$ for Tesla - have been prioritized. Also reflected at various times when you use the Configurator and choose a base model with ‘free’ color, the estimate is always farther out.

Very much this! I ordered Nov 1 and pick it up this Saturday. Without paint/wheel/FSD upgrades, a Nov order should still be no later then June.

That would be more typical for a MYP order.

I'm sure some of the issue is the quality of the EDD estimator. SAs have opened my account and most recently say Jun (off the record of course) but the estimator still rolls EDD out. I always suspected it would be later than Jun given the way Tesla is prioritizing order builds and now allowing/encouraging order upsells (FSD etc).

Last edited:
Yep. Cash purchase. No trade in. I'm not alone though. The answer - Tesla cherry picking vehicle builds with higher profits. That's been happening the last couple of months now.
Something is wrong. If I order a new basic MYLR today, I get a January EDD and those have been pulling in. See March thread. Nobody that ordered and completed profile in November should be waiting 14 months

Something is wrong. If I order a new basic MYLR today, I get a January EDD and those have been pulling in. See March thread. Nobody that ordered and completed profile in November should be waiting 14 months
I don’t think the EDD is a reliable (at all) predictor of when you are going to get your vehicle. I think scanning other forums, it looks like MYP is taking about 2-3 months, MYLR is taking about 5-6 months with some occasional exceptions depending on location and if orders are being cancelled that match yours. I wouldn’t put any stock in the EDD at this point haha

I checked the March thread and someone recently changed their order by adding FSD for an improved "estimated" EDD of May but in a couple of days it changed to Sep13-Nov8.