Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys
Im sure this was discussed in this forum or others , but what exactly is the “charging port issue”right now? My apologies again if this has been discussed already.
I could be wrong. But I think a guy in Austin said his vehicle. Needed to get a part installed that allowed the Y to charge. I don’t think it is the actual Charging port door or Port. But a part that makes it actually take the charge. I could be wrong.

I was wrong. It was the door.

Last edited:
I could be wrong. But I think a guy in Austin said his vehicle. Needed to get a part installed that allowed the Y to charge. I don’t think it is the actual Charging port door or Port. But a part that makes it actually take the charge. I could be wrong.
They said the entire batch was affected by this charge port door issue. It has caused my delivery to be delayed about a week and half so far. Hoping I can get it next Tuesday. Tesla said that the fix would take them 20 min and just waiting in the part. They said it was an issue with the charge port door in a particular batch that my car is in, White MY LR. They said that if the charge port door doesn’t work, the software won’t let the car charge so didn’t sound like a serious issue.

Reactions: Jones1
Does anyone else's November order have a Oct. 2022 - Jan. 2023 EDD? My EDD has been stuck there for approx. 2 weeks - I was hoping that the EDD would jump back to a 4 or 6 week window as others have mentioned in the past.

After lurking here for about a month and reading through the thread, I'm starting to feel like my order is stuck on an island somewhere.

MYLR, 5 seat, Deep Blue Metallic, Black interior, 19" gemini, no tow, no FSD
OD: 11/8, profile complete same day
Exact same order as mine, I ordered on nov.11 though. My edd is may.26-june.21

So typically its done weekly?
Yes. It’s a daily trickle. I noticed. A few Vin’s at a time. Then it’s a massive dump on Monday /Tuesday or Thursday. Friday was always the EDD change for me.
It’s like they say. Oh. We have an extra Y here. Give it to them. Then they will have a ton of Vin’s come out on one day. Weird.

Yes. It’s a daily trickle. I noticed. A few Vin’s at a time. Then it’s a massive dump on Monday /Tuesday or Thursday. Friday was always the EDD change for me.
It’s like they say. Oh. We have an extra Y here. Give it to them. Then they will have a ton of Vin’s come out on one day. Weird.
The last two EDD changes I noticed occurred on a Saturday afternoon/evening and Tuesday late morning/early afternoon. I’m east coast. I wish they had a weekly update or something so I wouldn’t have to check my app daily (often twice a day, just in case!).

Reactions: Jones1
Does anyone else's November order have a Oct. 2022 - Jan. 2023 EDD? My EDD has been stuck there for approx. 2 weeks - I was hoping that the EDD would jump back to a 4 or 6 week window as others have mentioned in the past.

After lurking here for about a month and reading through the thread, I'm starting to feel like my order is stuck on an island somewhere.

MYLR, 5 seat, Deep Blue Metallic, Black interior, 19" gemini, no tow, no FSD
OD: 11/8, profile complete same day
This is funny,I'm in Honolulu, I have the same configuration as you except I have FSD. I ordered 11/20.
I stopped by the Tesla store today and they said my car is here on the island but I wouldn't get delivery for 3 or 4 weeks.
So maybe I'm getting your car. 😉

You are not alone my friend. Same for me, EDD was pushed from July-Sept to Oct-Jan. I have checked the forum, and many other folks, not only the November thread are experiencing the same
I have the same build. OD of 10/28 but PC on 11/14. My EDD is stuck 5/30-6/27 for last few months. Not sure if it will get pushed when EDD approaches. Probably stuck on the same island as yours.

Thanks for the insights - hopefully our orders will make it off these islands they seem stuck on!

This is funny,I'm in Honolulu, I have the same configuration as you except I have FSD. I ordered 11/20.
I stopped by the Tesla store today and they said my car is here on the island but I wouldn't get delivery for 3 or 4 weeks.
So maybe I'm getting your car. 😉
Haha, well if you do, I hope you enjoy it and I hope to catch a glimpse of it when I'm visiting Honolulu in Oct. (though with any luck, I'll *hopefully* have mine own by then!) 🤙

Yesterday I emailed Tesla pictures of my Trade in. Odometer and a few more. They had sent me a Text and email requesting the pictures. I just opened the app. It wants me to update odometer reading in app. I updated it in app. Now I can’t make any changes in the app. To Insurance quote & etc. It only says go to account. You would think they would be able to update my trade in. When they asked for pictures yesterday. 😆

Maybe after they finish my processing my trade in and make another offer. No MVPA right now.

1652090894113.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: afscotch
Also. When are you able to see your MVPA on Tesla website? Maybe they are going to give me a higher or updated offer before I get it. Dunno
In my case, one MVPA was available when the car was deliverable, not missing parts.....couldn't see the other one because it wasn't deliverable, it is missing the part. I called and they pushed thru the paperwork so i could see it, but its still on parts hold.