Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this a problem?
5288EEB1-82B8-4096-B731-93884CC0F26B.png

For those of you. That wanted to add the TParts data connection to the center console. That Tesla has stop installing in the new vehicles. I just did my MYP. It was a little tuff pulling at first. You have to use the tool. And pull away. Not up. Pull away towards the front on the car. Here is some pictures. The the data connector is a old school USB connector that came on the First Androids sorry I don’t remember the type I think it’s a Micro B or mini B It is taped up in some insulated electrical tape
1653166895723.jpeg

I know that's how it works for typical dealership sales. I'm reading various things about the way it's handled at Tesla because of all the silly workarounds required for direct sales in Texas. Some I'm seeing that you wind up having to do the county tax office shuffle on your own and it's unclear how netting the trade works in that case. Hopefully it's as simple as (Price-Trade)*0.625=Tax and it's just a matter of where you pay.

Want to be sure I don't leave money on the table if Tesla's offer is lower than Carvana's but still a better deal after reducing sales tax.
As simple as this. Did two at the same time about 3 months ago. One with a trade, one without.

(Price-Trade)*0.625=Tax

It was a long long long Journey. It was well worth the wait. It’s Beautiful. I love it. All the gaps are great. I do notice the Glove box looks to be a little off. The right side of the glove box door hangs about 3/16 lower than the left side. I went over a lot with the SA. His name is Emanuel. He had everything set up for me. I accepted the delivery from his phone. It’s 100 miles for anything I see. He told me to just report it in the app. It took about 20 or so minutes for Auto pilot and navigation to calibrate. I have it home now. I will go through all the functions now. You can watch all the videos. Until you actually get in and are behind the wheel. It’s just not the same. The interior looks phenomenal. Oh my lord. Them White seats. Lol. I’ll probably just install a few accessories today. Floor mat’s and center consuls tray’s. Maybe the screen protector. Good luck to everyone waiting. It won’t disappoint you.
1653148639508.jpeg
Emanuel is a good dude.

Reactions: Jones1
For those of you. That wanted to add the TParts data connection to the center console. That Tesla has stop installing in the new vehicles. I just did my MYP. It was a little tuff pulling at first. You have to use the tool. And pull away. Not up. Pull away towards the front on the car. Here is some pictures. The the data connector is a old school USB connector that came on the First Androids sorry I don’t remember the type I think it’s a Micro B or mini B It is taped up in some insulated electrical tape
1653166895723.jpeg
But do you get Sonic with it???

It was a long long long Journey. It was well worth the wait. It’s Beautiful. I love it. All the gaps are great. I do notice the Glove box looks to be a little off. The right side of the glove box door hangs about 3/16 lower than the left side. I went over a lot with the SA. His name is Emanuel. He had everything set up for me. I accepted the delivery from his phone. It’s 100 miles for anything I see. He told me to just report it in the app. It took about 20 or so minutes for Auto pilot and navigation to calibrate. I have it home now. I will go through all the functions now. You can watch all the videos. Until you actually get in and are behind the wheel. It’s just not the same. The interior looks phenomenal. Oh my lord. Them White seats. Lol. I’ll probably just install a few accessories today. Floor mat’s and center consuls tray’s. Maybe the screen protector. Good luck to everyone waiting. It won’t disappoint you.
1653148639508.jpeg
Congrats !!!!!!
White on white buddies 💪🏼 it's stunning in person, I agree!

• Love
Reactions: gmb22 and Jones1
Check this out. Was debating on the roof tint too but seems to be enough.

Honestly, I thought it would bad. It was about 98 in Houston. I could barely see the sun through the glass. I think it’s a waste of time and money. I was quoted $500 to tint the roof. When I asked about tint on the side front windows. I’ll wait and see how it feels in August. But in May. It won’t pull the money out of my wallet. 😆

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
I just installed the parcel cover. I’m going to take it for a spin to see if it sounds different in the rear of the Y. I noticed the echo’s coming from the hatch. My Wife’s Toyota sounds the same when her cargo parcel cover retracted vs it being pulled all the way out.
1653230581420.jpeg

1653230596924.jpeg

1653230620772.jpeg

Attachments

• 1653230562957.jpeg
    1653230562957.jpeg
    750.7 KB · Views: 45
I just installed the parcel cover. I’m going to take it for a spin to see if it sounds different in the rear of the Y. I noticed the echo’s coming from the hatch. My Wife’s Toyota sounds the same when her cargo parcel cover retracted vs it being pulled all the way out.
View attachment 807394
View attachment 807395
View attachment 807396
I normally don’t like parcel shelves in as I like to have that open space to use for bikes, skis, amps and guitars, etc., and am impatient and don’t want to have to deal with a parcel cover in my way. But will see what I think after I get my car.

View attachment 807394
View attachment 807395
View attachment 807396
Let us know how it sounds , I'm undecided on installing this cover but if it mutes some noise I will install one

Honestly, I thought it would bad. It was about 98 in Houston. I could barely see the sun through the glass. I think it’s a waste of time and money. I was quoted $500 to tint the roof. When I asked about tint on the side front windows. I’ll wait and see how it feels in August. But in May. It won’t pull the money out of my wallet. 😆
I am too far north to worry about that I think. I do want the front ”bra” of protective film though, as Idaho is rock chip land, and that blunt front nose without a grill looks real vulnerable. Not enjoying the estimates for that stuff, but I don’t think I am a good Enough DIY’r for that sort of project, and the difference in cost isn’t worth it to me, as long as it gets done well.

Reactions: Jones1
I'm on my 9th EDD and just updated my signature to show them all. No more characters available, so this better be the last one! ;)

In early May, I received my 1st two-week window, which then shifted out 4 days as I actually entered the window, then it moved out to my current four-week window of Jun 16-Jul 21. :mad: Order and PC dates are 11/13/21 and I texted Tesla today and got confirmation everything is complete, so just waiting impatiently, like everyone else, while gas prices and interest rates continue to rise... :confused:
I think I'm up to 12 or 13 changes and my signature is maxed out too. My EDD 1-day different than yours right now.

Reactions: AZTech